Grade 4 EnVisions Math 2016 Version 2.0 Topic 1 Power Point lessons pop right into place value and number relationships! These Common Core aligned lessons allow you to integrate technology into your instruction and use the Common Core based EnVisions skills and terminology to help your students master the skills.
Every lesson power point contains:
* Warm-up for spiral review of skills previously learned.
* Literature links for each lesson to help you integrate literacy into math to meet cross-curricular integration standards.
* A "Think and Write" to integrate math and writing skills and often make connections between math and daily life experiences of the students.
* Relevant vocabulary for the lesson or topic being taught
* Step by step breakdown of how to solve or perform the operation/skill being taught
* Practice problems that you can use to demonstrate on the board, on slates/communicators, or in notebooks to engage all students.
* Word problems to show whether students can solve problems using deeper analysis and evaluation levels of the skill. Some problems also incorporate multiple steps. By observing student responses, you can decide whether students need more review or are ready to move to independent work. It's a great method of informal assessment!
These Common Core Version 2016 lessons focus on the topic of place value to build a solid basis for the 4th grade math curriculum. Topics covered include number names, expanded form, number value, rounding, comparing and ordering numbers, and writing arguments to explain an answer. This topic is aligned to CCSS 4.NBT.A.1, 4.NBT.A.2, and 4.NBT.A.3. Lessons presented by the power points include:
1-1 Numbers Through 1 Million
1-2 Place Value Relationships
1-3 Comparing Whole Numbers
1-4 Rounding Numbers
1-5 Math Practices and Problem Solving: Construct Arguments
If you like this product, you may like the other Power Points in the series! Check out these links:
Grade 4 EnVisions Math 2.0 Version 2016 Topic 2 Power Point Lessons
Grade 4 EnVisions Math 2.0 Version 2016 Topic 3 Power Point Lessons
Grade 4 EnVisions Math 2.0 Version 2016 Topic 4 Power Point Lessons
*** This product is based on the 2016 Version 2.0 Common Core EnVisions series***