It's all about fractions and decimals in Grade 4 EnVisions Math 2.0 Version 2016 Topic 12 Power Point lessons! These Common Core aligned lessons allow you to integrate technology into your instruction and use the Common Core based EnVisions skills and terminology to help your students master the skills.
Every lesson power point contains:
* Warm-up for spiral review of skills previously learned.
* A "Think and Write" to integrate math and writing skills and often make connections between math and daily life experiences of the students.
* Relevant vocabulary for the lesson or topic being taught
* Step by step breakdown of how to solve or perform the operation/skill being taught
* Practice problems that you can use to demonstrate on the board, on slates/communicators, or in notebooks to engage all students.
* Word problems to show whether students can solve problems using deeper analysis and evaluation levels of the skill. Some problems also incorporate multiple steps. By observing student responses, you can decide whether students need more review or are ready to move to independent work. It's a great method of informal assessment!
These Common Core Version 2016 lessons focus on the topic of place value to build a solid basis for the 4th grade math curriculum. Topics covered include fractions and decimals, fractions and decimals on a number line, comparing decimals, adding fractions with the denominators of 10 and 100, money word problems, and solving problems by using structure. This topic is aligned to CCSS 4.NF.C.5, 4.NF.C.6, 4.NF.C.7, and 4.MD.A.2, . Lessons presented by the power points include:
12-1 Fractions and Decimals
12-2 Fractions and Decimals on the Number Line
12-3 Compare Decimals
12-4 Add Fractions with the Denominators of 10 and 100
12-5 Solve Word Problems Involving Money
12-6 Look For and Use Structure
If you like this product, check out the others in the series!
Grade 4 EnVisions Math 2.0 Version 2016 Topic 13 Power Point Lessons
Grade 4 EnVisions Math 2.0 Version 2016 Topic 14 Power Point Lessons
*** This product is based on the 2016 Version 2.0 Common Core EnVisions series***