It's time to learn about equivalent measurements in Grade 4 EnVisions Math 2.0 Version 2016 Topic 13 Power Point lessons! These Common Core aligned lessons allow you to integrate technology into your instruction and use the Common Core based EnVisions skills and terminology to help your students master the skills.
Every lesson power point contains:
* Warm-up for spiral review of skills previously learned.
* A "Think and Write" to integrate math and writing skills and often make connections between math and daily life experiences of the students.
* Relevant vocabulary for the lesson or topic being taught
* Step by step breakdown of how to solve or perform the operation/skill being taught
* Practice problems that you can use to demonstrate on the board, on slates/communicators, or in notebooks to engage all students.
* Word problems to show whether students can solve problems using deeper analysis and evaluation levels of the skill. Some problems also incorporate multiple steps. By observing student responses, you can decide whether students need more review or are ready to move to independent work. It's a great method of informal assessment!
These Common Core Version 2016 lessons focus on the topic of equivalency in measurement to build a solid basis for the 4th grade math curriculum. Topics covered include equivalence in customary units, metric units, mass, capacity, perimeter, and area. This topic is aligned to CCSS 4.MD.A.1, 4.MD.A.2, 4.MD.A.3, 4.NF.B.3.d, 4.NF.B.4.c, and 4.NBT.B.5. Lessons presented by the power points include:
13-1 Equivalence with Customary Units of Length
13-2 Equivalence with Customary Units of Capacity
13-3 Equivalence with Customary Units of Weight
13-4 Equivalence with Metric Units of Length
13-5 Equivalence with Metric Units of Capacity and Mass
13-6 Solving Perimeter and Area Problems
13-7 Math Practices and Problem Solving: Precision
If you like this product, check out the others in the series!
Grade 4 EnVisions Math 2.0 Version 2016 Topic 14 Power Point Lessons
Grade 4 EnVisions Math 2.0 Version 2016 Topic 15 Power Point Lessons
Grade 4 EnVisions Math 2.0 Version 2016 Topic 16 Power Point Lessons
*** This product is based on the 2016 Version 2.0 Common Core EnVisions series***