Line up for some lovely lines, super symmetry, terrific triangles, spectacular shapes, and more in Grade 4 EnVisions Math 2.0 Version 2016 Topic 16 Power Point lessons! These Common Core aligned lessons allow you to integrate technology into your instruction and use the Common Core based EnVisions skills and terminology to help your students master the skills.
Every lesson power point contains:
* Warm-up for spiral review of skills previously learned.
* A "Think and Write" to integrate math and writing skills and often make connections between math and daily life experiences of the students.
* Relevant vocabulary for the lesson or topic being taught
* Step by step breakdown of how to solve or perform the operation/skill being taught
* Practice problems that you can use to demonstrate on the board, on slates/communicators, or in notebooks to engage all students.
* Word problems to show whether students can solve problems using deeper analysis and evaluation levels of the skill. Some problems also incorporate multiple steps. By observing student responses, you can decide whether students need more review or are ready to move to independent work. It's a great method of informal assessment!
These Common Core Version 2016 lessons focus on the topics of lines, triangles, quadrilaterals, symmetry, and problem solving. Topics covered include types of lines, symmetry, triangles, quadrilaterals, and problem solving by critiquing reasoning. This topic is aligned to CCSS 4.G.A.1, 4.G.A.2, and 4.G.A.3. Lessons presented by the power points include:
16-2 Classify Triangles
16-3 Classify Quadrilaterals
16-4 Line Symmetry
16-5 Draw Shapes with Line Symmetry
16-6 Math Practices & Problem Solving: Critique Reasoning
You may also be interested in the other power points in this series.
Grade 4 EnVisions Math 2.0 Version 2016 Topic 12 Power Point Lessons
Grade 4 EnVisions Math 2.0 Version 2016 Topic 13 Power Point Lessons
For the rest of the Grade 4 EnVisions 2016 Version Power Points, follow my store and they will be arriving soon through summer 2016!
*** This product is based on the 2016 Version 2.0 Common Core EnVisions series***