Add and subtract your way to math mastery in Grade 4 EnVisions Math 2.0 Version 2016 Topic 2 Power Point lessons! These Common Core aligned lessons allow you to integrate technology into your instruction and use the Common Core based EnVisions skills and terminology to help your students master the skills.
Every lesson power point contains:
* Warm-up for spiral review of skills previously learned.
* A "Think and Write" to integrate math and writing skills and often make connections between math and daily life experiences of the students.
* Relevant vocabulary for the lesson or topic being taught
* Step by step breakdown of how to solve or perform the operation/skill being taught
* Practice problems that you can use to demonstrate on the board, on slates/communicators, or in notebooks to engage all students.
* Word problems to show whether students can solve problems using deeper analysis and evaluation levels of the skill. Some problems also incorporate multiple steps. By observing student responses, you can decide whether students need more review or are ready to move to independent work. It's a great method of informal assessment!
These Common Core Version 2016 lessons focus on the topics of addition, subtraction, estimation, and problem solving. Topics covered include properties of addition and subtraction, using mental math to add and subtract, addition and subtraction of whole numbers, estimation, subtraction across zero, and problem solving using reasoning. This topic is aligned to CCSS 4.NBT.B.4 and 4.OA.A.3, . Lessons presented by the power points include:
2-1 Mental Math: Find Sums and Differences
2-2 Mental Math: Estimating Sums and Differences
2-3 Adding Whole Numbers
2-4 Subtracting Whole Numbers
2-5 Subtracting Across Zero
2-6 Math Practices and Problem Solving: Reasoning
If you like this product, you may like the other power points in this series!
Grade 4 EnVisions Math 2.0 Version 2016 Topic 3 Power Point Lessons
Grade 4 EnVisions Math 2.0 Version 2016 Topic 4 Power Point Lessons
Grade 4 EnVisions Math 2.0 Version 2016 Topic 5 Power Point Lessons
*** This product is based on the 2016 Version 2.0 Common Core EnVisions series***