Make way for multiplication and more in Grade 4 EnVisions Math 2.0 Version 2016 Topic 3 Power Point lessons! These Common Core aligned lessons allow you to integrate technology into your instruction and use the Common Core based EnVisions skills and terminology to help your students master the skills.
Every lesson power point contains:
* Warm-up for spiral review of skills previously learned.
* A "Think and Write" to integrate math and writing skills and often make connections between math and daily life experiences of the students.
* Relevant vocabulary for the lesson or topic being taught
* Step by step breakdown of how to solve or perform the operation/skill being taught
* Practice problems that you can use to demonstrate on the board, on slates/communicators, or in notebooks to engage all students.
* Word problems to show whether students can solve problems using deeper analysis and evaluation levels of the skill. Some problems also incorporate multiple steps. By observing student responses, you can decide whether students need more review or are ready to move to independent work. It's a great method of informal assessment!
These Common Core Version 2016 lessons focus on multiplication. Topics covered include multiplying by multiples of 10, estimating products, using the Distributive Property to multiply, using mental math to multiply, making arrays, the partial products method of multiplication, multiplying by multi-digit numbers, and using models to solve problems. This topic is aligned to CCSS 4.NBT.B.5, 4.NBT.B.3, and 4.OA.A.3. Lessons presented by the power points include:
3-1 Mental Math: Multiply by Multiples of 10, 100, and 1000
3-2 Mental Math: Round to Estimate Products
3-3 The Distributive Property
3-4 Mental Math: Strategies for Multiplication
3-5 Arrays and Partial Products
3-6 Use Partial Products to Multiply by 1 Digit Numbers
3-7 Multiplying 2 and 3 Digit Numbers by 1 Digit Numbers
3-8 Multiplying 4 Digit Numbers by 1 Digit Numbers
3-9 Multiplying by 1 Digit Numbers
3-10 Math Practices and Problem Solving: Model with Math
You may also be interested in the other power points in this series. Check out my store and the links below!
Grade 4 EnVisions Math 2.0 Version 2016 Topic 4 Power Point Lessons
Grade 4 EnVisions Math 2.0 Version 2016 Topic 5 Power Point Lessons
Grade 4 EnVisions Math 2.0 Version 2016 Topic 6 Power Point Lessons
** This product is based on the 2016 version (version 2.0) of the EnVisions Math series.**