Add and subtract fractions with Grade 4 EnVisions Math 2.0 Version 2016 Topic 9 Power Point lessons, covering addition and subtraction of fractions and mixed numbers! These Common Core aligned lessons allow you to integrate technology into your instruction and use the Common Core based EnVisions skills and terminology to help your students master the skills.
Every lesson power point contains:
* Warm-up for spiral review of skills previously learned.
* A "Think and Write" to integrate math and writing skills and often make connections between math and daily life experiences of the students.
* Relevant vocabulary for the lesson or topic being taught
* Step by step breakdown of how to solve or perform the operation/skill being taught
* Practice problems that you can use to demonstrate on the board, on slates/communicators, or in notebooks to engage all students.
* Word problems to show whether students can solve problems using deeper analysis and evaluation levels of the skill. Some problems also incorporate multiple steps. By observing student responses, you can decide whether students need more review or are ready to move to independent work. It's a great method of informal assessment!
These Common Core Version 2016 lessons focus on fractions. Topics covered include modeling addition and subtraction of fractions, decomposing fractions, adding and subtracting fractions with like denominators, estimating fraction sums and differences, adding and subtracting mixed numbers, and adding and subtracting fractions on a number line. This topic is aligned to CCSS 4.NF.B.3a, 4.NF.B.3b, 4.NF.B.3c, and 4.NF.B.3d. Lessons presented by the power points include:
9-1 Modeling Addition of Fractions
9-2 Decomposing Fractions
9-3 Add Fractions with Like Denominators
9-4 Model Subtraction of Fractions
9-5 Subtract Fractions with Like Denominators
9-6 Add and Subtract Fractions with Like Denominators
9-7 Estimate Fraction Sums and Differences
9-8 Model Addition and Subtraction of Mixed Numbers
9-9 Add Mixed Numbers
9-10 Subtracting Mixed Numbers
9-11 Math Practices and Problem Solving: Model with Math
You may also be interested in the other power points in this series. Check out my store!
Grade 4 EnVisions Math 2.0 Version 2016 Topic 10 Power Point Lessons
Grade 4 EnVisions Math 2.0 Version 2016 Topic 11 Power Point Lessons
Grade 4 EnVisions Math 2.0 Version 2016 Topic 12 Power Point Lessons