Are you teaching Grade 4 EnVisions Math Version 2.0 with Topic 8, Topic 9, and Topic 10? These lesson power points are designed to enhance and guide your instruction, without any prep on your part except a quick review of the slides.
Every lesson power point contains:
* Warm-up for spiral review of skills previously learned.
* Literature links for each lesson to help you integrate literacy into math to meet cross-curricular integration standards.
* A "Think and Write" to integrate math and writing skills and often make connections between math and daily life experiences of the students.
* Relevant vocabulary for the lesson or topic being taught
* Step by step breakdown of how to solve or perform the operation/skill being taught
* Practice problems that you can use to demonstrate on the board, on slates/communicators, or in notebooks to engage all students.
* Word problems to show whether students can solve problems using deeper analysis and evaluation levels of the skill. Some problems also incorporate multiple steps. By observing student responses, you can decide whether students need more review or are ready to move to independent work. It's a great method of informal assessment!
This bundle contains my power points for Topics 8, 9 and 10. By purchasing together, you save $2!
Included are the following lessons:
Lessons presented by the power points include:
8-1 Equivalent Fractions: Area Models
8-2 Equivalent Fractions: Number Lines
8-3 Generate Equivalent Fractions: Multiplication
8-4 Generate Equivalent Fractions: Division
8-5 Use Benchmarks to Compare Fractions
8-6 Compare Fractions
8-7 Math Practices and Problem Solving: Construct Arguments
9-1 Modeling Addition of Fractions
9-2 Decomposing Fractions
9-3 Add Fractions with Like Denominators
9-4 Model Subtraction of Fractions
9-5 Subtract Fractions with Like Denominators
9-6 Add and Subtract Fractions with Like Denominators
9-7 Estimate Fraction Sums and Differences
9-8 Model Addition and Subtraction of Mixed Numbers
9-9 Add Mixed Numbers
9-10 Subtracting Mixed Numbers
9-11 Math Practices and Problem Solving: Model with Math
10-1 Fractions as Multiples of Unit Fractions: Use Models
10-2 Multiply a Fraction by a Whole Number: Use Models
10-3 Multiply a Fraction by a Whole Number: Use Symbols
10-4 Multiply a Whole Number and a Mixed Number
10-5 Solve Time Problems
10-6 Math Practices and Problem Solving: Model with Math