The "Fractions Activity Packet" is designed for students in Grade 4. This activity packet is aligned with the Ontario Grade 4 Mathematics curriculum expectations. This packet would work well with high flying Grade 3 students or students in Grade 5 who might need to practice working with fractions.
This activity packet is designed to supplement your lessons or provide you with teaching/lesson entry points and activities that students can use to explore fractions. You might choose to use these activities and problems for the core-learning portion of your lesson, or you might choose to make activity packets that students can use for enrichment or extra practice.
Through this packet students:
• Represent fractions using concrete materials, words, and standard fractional notation, and explain the meaning of the denominator as the number of the fractional parts of a whole or a set, and the numerator as the number of fractional parts being considered;
• Compare and order fractions by considering the size and the number of fractional parts;
• Compare fractions to the benchmarks of 0, 1/2, and 1;
• Demonstrate and explain the relationship between equivalent fractions;
• Determine and explain the relationship between fractions and decimals to tenths;
If you have any questions, please feel free to let me know.
Looking for other fractions activity packets?
Grade 2 Fractions Activity Packet
Grade 3 Fractions Activity Packet
Grade 5 Fractions Activity Packet
Grade 6 Fractions Activity Packet