This easy to follow math lesson has everything you need to teach students how to estimate, measure, and record lengths and select appropriate units to measure with. Help your students to develop a deep conceptual understanding of measuring length by using hands-on problem solving, questioning, and purposeful talk.
Follow lesson from beginning to end and top to bottom! Included is:
- Student friendly learning goals and success criteria
- A carefully selected quick minds-on activity to activate student thinking
- A word problem for students to solve
- Easy to print copies of the problem (one for each group)
- Guiding questions for students to focus on during the Gallery Walk
- Teacher questions to ask students during the whole-group consolidation
- An independent practice problem to give students extra practice and can be used as a quick assessment for your records
***A fully editable Word version of all problems is included!***
Jen and Dawn Educational Resources meet the Ontario Curriculum Expectations.