This easy to follow math unit has everything you need to comprehensively teach all of the Grade 4 Ontario expectations for measuring length, capacity, mass, and volume using 3-part math lessons. Help your students to develop a deep conceptual understanding of measurement using hands-on problem solving, questioning, and purposeful talk throughout this unit.
Follow our unit plan and lessons from beginning to end and top to bottom!
- Carefully selected quick minds-on activities to activate student thinking before each problem-solving activity
- A word problem or task to illicit student solutions you can use for debriefing the lesson afterward
- Clearly explained teacher notes that will help you link student solutions and mathematical concepts, all leading your students to a deeper conceptual understanding
- Questions for teacher-led whole group discussion during the consolidation
- Student friendly learning goals and success criteria
- Easy to print copies of the problem (one for each group)
- An independent practice problem for each lesson to give students extra practice and can be used as a quick assessment for your records
- Review package, unit test, and assessment rubric
Save yourself hours of preparation while delivering a comprehensive unit to your students!
- Units of lengths relationships (mm, cm, dm, m, km)
- Measuring in mm, cm, dm, m
- Drawing specific lengths
- Relationship between grams and kilograms
- Relationship between millilitres and litres
- Measuring mass and capacity
***A fully editable Word version of all problems is included!***
All Jen and Dawn Educational Resources meet the Ontario Curriculum Expectations.