Thank you so much for viewing my Place Value Centers. Please do not hesitate to send me an e-mail with any questions regarding the use of these activities.
In this package please find the following 6 Place Value Activities for numbers up to ten thousand (Ontario Curriculum). All activities come with detailed teacher instruction notes about how to put together activities and how all tasks should be completed.
- Practice writing numbers in various forms to meet this curriculum expectation (Retriever Puzzle Cards)
-Students will write numbers in word form, standard form, expanded form, base ten name and by using base ten blocks (Puppy Place Value Rundown)
Numbers in Writing Weimaraners
- Use flash cards to work on writing familiar numbers in full word form (simply laminate and write on with white erase makers)
- Students will also play a few fun spinner games to work on perfecting their writing skills (recording sheets included)
Value of a Digit Vizslas
- Discover that each digit in a number has a specific value in this super cute Vizsla matching task
-Showcase a knowledge of value of a digit with a cute cut and paste activity and writing sheet
Red Setter Rounding
- Rounding values to the nearest ten, hundred and thousand is always a tricky concept
- Use these sorting cards (rounding to the nearest hundred, up or down), spinner activities and a cut and paste foldable task to master this skill
Doberman Decimal Values
- Students will learn all about decimal place value to the tenths spot with these engaging tasks.
- Read a number in word form and decide where the Doberman nose should go (decimal point) to practise placing the decimal in the correct spot
- Use an open number line to match up a Doberman decimal value with its match on the open number line (matching cards)
Comparing Values Chihuahuas
- Compare and organize given numbers in a dice activity (recording sheet included)
- Practise ordering numbers to ten thousand in this super cute Chihuahua craftivity
- Use this interactive notebook sorting task to determine if numbers are properly ordered in a given set (coloured and black and white copies are included)