Also included in
- This is a unit bundle of all of my Plant Growth and Change resources to teach about plants. This digital bundle includes a Google Folder full of my plant resources for your use. All resources are suitable for distance learning, and are completely editable since they are in Google Doc format!This res$25.00$30.00Save $5.00
This is a fun activity for exploring the relationship between plants and the community in which they live. It also reinforces the importance of basic plant needs such as water, sunlight, and soil in order for plants to grow.
This resource contains a few notes to introduce the topic of plants in your community, a table for students to fill in about the conditions, and follow-up questions to reinforce learning. There is also a space for a photograph or drawing of the plants in the community which students study. This could be completed with a partner in the school community with the teacher, or at home. If students complete this activity as homework in their own community, I would recommend they have meaningful discussions in small groups (or with the whole class) about their observations to solidify their understanding.
Since it is in Google Doc format, you could even assign it to students on Google Classroom and have them complete it online. It is suitable for distance learning!
Hint: to use the checkbox feature in Google Docs, left-click the checkbox to select the box you would like to check off, then right-click the check mark character.
More Great Resources for Science:
- Waste in Our World Unit Bundle
- Waste Cycle of Plants and Animals
- Classifying and Reducing Waste Activity
- The 3 Rs Notes and Research Project
- Biodegradable Waste Activity
- Waste and Our World Product Research Project
- Waste and Our World Vocabulary
- Waste and Our World Study Guide
- Waste and Our World Unit Test
Wheels and Levers/Building Devices That Move
- Simple Machines Starter Notes + KWL
- Wheels and Rollers
- Rollers Activity
- Rube Goldberg Project
- Types of Levers
- All About Pulleys
- Wedges, Screws, and Inclined Planes + Riddles
- Wheels and Levers/Building Devices Crossword
- Wheels and Levers Study Guide
- Building Devices That Move Study Guide
- Wheels and Levers/Building Devices Unit Test
- Plant Growth and Change Unit Bundle
- Plant Pollination Quiz
- Plant Pollination
- Plant Requirements
- Plant Adaptations
- Plants Without Seeds
- Seed Dispersal
- Plants in My Community
- Plant Research Project
- Plant Growth and Change Study Guide
- Plant Growth and Change Unit Test
I appreciate feedback, so leave me a review! How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
1. Go to "My Purchases"
2. Click "Provide Feedback" next to the purchase of my product
3. Rate and comment on my product
4. Get credits for TPT!
If you like what you see...
© Teaching Fourth In The North, 2020. Permission to copy granted only to purchaser.