This is a complete grade 5/6 Technology and The Arts set of units in which the students create a Scratch game (using Scratch V2.0). It is designed to meet 6 digital technology standards, 2 design technology standards and 4 Arts standards for grades 5 and 6 for the Australian Curriculum (V8.3). Each lesson comes with a video clip that can be watched as a class or individually by students. The unit has been designed to assist teachers that may struggle with new concepts and terminology involved in the digital technology curriculum.
The standards it meets are as follows:
• Critique needs or opportunities for designing, and investigate materials, components, tools, equipment and processes to achieve intended designed solutions (ACTDEP024)
• Develop project plans that include consideration of resources when making designed solutions individually and collaboratively (ACTDEP028)
• Examine how whole numbers are used to represent all data in digital systems (ACTDIK015)
• Acquire, store and validate different types of data, and use a range of software to interpret and visualise data to create information (ACTDIP016)
• Define problems in terms of data and functional requirements drawing on previously solved problems (ACTDIP017)
• Design a user interface for a digital system (ACTDIP018)
• Design, modify and follow simple algorithms involving sequences of steps, branching, and iteration (repetition) (ACTDIP019)
• Implement digital solutions as simple visual programs involving branching, iteration (repetition), and user input (ACTDIP020)
• Develop skills with media technologies to shape space, time, movement and lighting within images, sounds and text (ACAMAM063)
• Plan, produce and present media artworks for specific audiences and purposes using responsible media practice (ACAMAM064)
• Develop and apply techniques and processes when making their artworks (ACAVAM115)
• Explore ideas and practices used by artists (ACAVAM114)
This unit consists of 11 lessons, 17 videos, 3 Scratch files, 2 reflection sheets, 2 unit overviews, 2 marking rubrics, 1 PowerPoint and heaps of music and sound effects for kids to use in their games.
***This product is too large to be included entirely in one zip file on TpT. After purchasing this product, you will be able to download the unit overviews and download instructions directly from TpT. The download instructions will explain how you can access the rest of the content from a Google Drive folder.***
If you purchase this unit, I would love it if you could leave feedback. You will receive TpT credits that you can use towards future purchases! Thanks!