This document is based on the idea of "daily prompts," in a day by day calendar format. However, it's unique because it's "daily prompts," based on each common core math standard for Grade 5.
Each calendar possesses:
*15 challenging questions/activities, word problems, questions that require the use of manipulatives etc...
* Operations and algebraic thinking (5.OA) 15 prompts to choose from: 1 calendars
* Numbers and Operations in Base Ten (5.NBT) 45 prompts to choose from: 3 calendars
* Measurement and Data (5.MD) 45 prompts to choose from: 3 calendars
* Numbers and Operations in Fractions (5.NF) 45 prompts to choose from: 3 calendars
* Geometry (5.G) 30 prompts to choose from- 2 calendars
TOTAL= 12 calendars
THE PROMPTS CAN BE SELECTED AT RANDOM. I HAVE MY STUDENTS LIGHTLY COLOR THE BOX THEY'VE SELECTED AND DATE IT. All work is done in their math notebook and I call these problems "Problem of the Day" (POD).
Here are sample questions 1 from each calendar:
Solve for “n”
n x 9= 27
8 x n – 3=21
18- (6 x 3)= n
Use multiplication , partial products, or compatible numbers and the distributive property to find the quotient:
85 ÷ 5
102 ÷ 6
70 ÷ 5
168 ÷ 14
143 ÷ 11
Find the least common denominator for the following fractions:
5/6 , 2/9
1/12 , 3/8
What is the formula for volume?
Find the volume of a figure that has the following dimensions:
This set also includes: Printable Manipulatives- fraction circles, fraction bars, fraction squares, small cut out analog clocks, pattern blocks, addition hundreds chart, multiplication hundreds chart, grid paper