Included in this bundle are all 27 of my grade 5 Common Core Reading literature worksheets:
1. Two Teams of Detectives Make a Discovery
2. The Donkey and the Watchdog
3. Grandpa Bill and the Tornado
4. from The Jungle Book by Rudyard Kipling
5. “The Wind and the Moon” by George MacDonald
6. from The Adventures of Reddy Fox—Part I by Thornton W. Burgess
7. from The Adventures of Reddy Fox—Part II by Thornton W. Burgess
8. The Vain Jackdaw
9. “Sea Fever” by John Masefield
10. “There is No Frigate Like a Book” by Emily Dickinson
11. from “Through the Looking-Glass”—Part I by Lewis Carroll
12. Two More Readings from “Through the Looking-Glass” by Lewis Carroll
13. Two Endings
14. “The Miller of the Dee” by Charles Mackay
15. William Tell—Scene I by Florence Holbrook
16. William Tell—Scene II by Florence Holbrook
17. “The Traveling Bear” by Amy Lowell
18. from Peter Pan by J.M. Barrie
19. “Paul Revere’s Ride” by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
20. from The Log of a Cowboy—Part I by Andy Adams
21. from The Log of a Cowboy—Part II by Andy Adams
22. from The Log of a Cowboy—Part III by Andy Adams
23. “The Eagle” by Lord Alfred Tennyson
24. Two “Crimes”
25. from Greyfriars Bobby by Eleanor Atkinson
26. Robin Hood and the Sad Knight—Scene I by Florence Holbrook
27. Robin Hood and the Sad Knight—Scene II by Florence Holbrook
Each story is followed by a series of multiple choice questions aligned with various strands of the CCSS Grade5 English Language Arts Standards for Reading.
Those strands can be found here
DOK – 1; Depth of Knowledge Level One: Recall
DOK – 2; Depth of Knowledge Level Two: Skill/Concept
DOK – 3; Depth of Knowledge Level Three: Strategic Thinking
DOK – 4; Depth of Knowledge Level Four: Extended Thinking
These worksheets are great for homework, test prep, review, and learning a variety of content.
Consider purchasing the full 5th Grade Common Core Reading Value Bundle: You'll save 50% compared to buying the 27 packets individually!
Buy a Value Bundle
and save 50%!
Visit my store!
The Worksheet Guy