The “Grade 5 Decimals” activity packet is aligned with the Ontario Grade 5 Mathematics curriculum specific expectations. The specific expectations this packet addresses for your information are:
- Represent, compare and order decimal numbers to 0.01;
- Demonstrate an understanding of place value in decimal numbers to 0.01;
- Round decimal numbers to the nearest tenth, in problems arising from real-life situations;
- Demonstrate and explain equivalent representations of a decimal number;
- Count forward by hundredths from any decimal number expressed to two decimal places;
- Add and subtract decimal numbers to hundredths, including money amounts;
- Multiply decimal numbers by 10, 100, 1000 and 10,000 and divide decimal numbers by 10 and 100;
- Describe multiplicative relationships between quantities by using simple fractions and decimals;
- Determine and explain the relationship between fractions and their equivalent decimal form;
This packet includes worksheets that help to address the above expectations. This packet also includes answer keys so that students can self-check their work.
If you have any other questions, please feel free to leave a comment/question on my Teacher’s Pay Teachers store page, or send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. I would be more than happy to answer your questions!
Grade 4 Decimal Activity Packet
Grade 6 Decimal Activity Packet