Also included in
- This Digital Bundle includes digital products that cover the ENTIRE GRADE 5 NEW ONTARIO MATH CURRICULUM - EVERY expectation. - 18 UNITSThis PLATINUM BUNDLE will give you the GREATEST discount you can receive, even over purchasing individual strand bundles from my store. This bundle provides you the$116.99$150.00Save $33.01
*** GRADE 5 FINANCIAL LITERACY UNIT GONE COMPLETELY DIGITAL ****
QUICK NOTE: This unit is also available in FRENCH. CLICK HERE FOR THE FRENCH VERSION
This product covers the entire Grade 5 Financial Literacy Strand from the NEW Ontario 2020 Mathematics Curriculum.
Are you stumped with how to begin teaching the new financial literacy strand?
Look no further. In this interactive and engaging digital download, you and your students will take an incredible journey through the world of money and finances with easy-to-understand and engaging lessons and activities.
WHY BUY THIS PRODUCT OVER OTHERS?
- My vision for teaching math is always "Don't just tell the story, let the students experience the story first hand. HOW?
- Students will be walked through curriculum concepts step-by-step in easy-to-understand language using identifiable and relatable problems
- Rather than mostly instructional slides, this product places a heavy focus on consolidation of concepts using a large variety of interactive and engaging skill practice activities
This product has been developed for distance learning and is designed to help relieve some of the stress that comes with setting up an online classroom and teaching math digitally.
The creative component to this resource will engage your learners in ways that basic rote textbook learning simply cannot. There are hours of creative work put into each slide in addition to rich curriculum content and real-world connections. Purchased fonts, clipart, design pieces, and graphics will capture the attention of your students and help promote engagement in their online learning.
What You Will Get From This Download:
- A completely hassle free unit that will guide students through the Financial Literacy strand in the NEW 2020 ONTARIO MATH CURRICULUM (F1. Money & Finances)
- Minds on Real-World activities to engage learners and spark interest
- Google Slides compatible - just follow the link to make a copy for yourself!
- Interactive activity slides with movable pieces allowing student to become first-hand computer coders!
- Straightforward lessons that are engaging and promote critical thinking
- At-home connections that promote deeper thinking and real-world connections
- A complete answer key located at the end of the slides
- 67 slides including detailed answers
- All embedded fonts, clipart, and graphics are LOCKED to prevent students from changing content and moving layered pieces
- Text boxes and drag and drop features embedded into activities and tasks
- All Curriculum expectations embedded into this resource for accountability
- Learning Goals located at the beginning of the unit
- End of unit Google Forms Quiz
Curriculum Content Overview
- Money Concepts - Describe several ways money can be transferred and estimate and calculate the cost of transactions including with sales tax (F1.1, F1.2)
- Financial Management - Evaluate and design sample basic budgets (F1.3)
- Financial Management - Explain the differences between credit and debt and describe how financial decisions may be impacted by each (F1.4)
- Consumer and Civic Awareness - Calculate unit rates for goods and services (F1.5)
- Consumer and Civic Awareness - Describe, identify, and calculate different forms of taxes and describe how tax money is allocated within the province/country (F1.6).
Reviews help TPT sellers and buyers. Please leave a review on this product if you enjoyed. All paid product reviews earn FREE TPT credits to use on future purchases.