Do you use McGraw-Hill Reading Wonders in your 5th grade classroom?
Looking for digital, paperless word work games to add to your literacy centers' resources?
These Grade 5 Reading Wonders Unit 1 Spelling Battleship Google Doc game boards can be an engaging way to:
* give students another way to practice and review weekly spelling lists, integrating your available technology- games can be played on Chromebooks, iPads, tablets… any device with browser access
* integrate math skill practice using coordinate grids
This product file includes:
* Grade 5 Reading Wonders Unit 1 Spelling Battleship Google doc game boards for Week 1 through Week 5 spelling lists- 5 individual game boards to share with students
* directions for how to copy each Spelling Battleship Google doc game board into your own Google Drive
* directions to share those files with students through Google Classroom and how to create a url to post on your Smartboard as an alternate method of sharing the Spelling Battleship game boards with your students
* Teacher Notes/ classroom management suggestions to share my experience using Spelling Battleship games with my students
* each Unit 1 Spelling Battleship Google doc game board includes 6 spelling words from Reading Wonders Gr5 U1 weekly spelling lists
* spelling words on each Battleship game board were chosen by students who found the words to be interesting, useful, or challenging to spell
I originally created paper Spelling Battleship activity sheets in 2015 when our district adopted the Reading Wonders series.
I wanted to be able to use these games in a paperless, digital way and developed this product file.