***SAVE 20% by purchasing my NBT INB Bundle!***
Looking for a way to make your math lessons/centers more engaging for your students? Looking to increase the amount of writing in math and application of skills? Use interactive notebooks!
This Common Core Aligned bundle includes activities for the following standard:
5.NBT.2: Explain patterns in the number of zeros of the product when multiplying a number by powers of 10, and explain patterns in the placement of the decimal point when a decimal is multiplied or divided by a power of 10. Use whole-number exponents to denote powers of 10.
* 7 Activities:
- Understanding Powers of 10
- Powers of 10 Interactive Slider
- Multiplying by Powers of 10 Flip
- Dividing by Powers of 10 Flip
- Power of 10 Sort (includes whole number version and decimal version)
- Power of 10 Word Problems
- Power of 10 Roll and Spin
* A Teacher Guide for EACH activity that includes directions, colored photograph samples, and answer keys
This set can also be found in my NBT Bundle
These activities can be used as guided practice, independent practice, morning work, homework, or in centers. Each activity varies in rigor and helps students dig deeper into the standard in an engaging and meaningful way.
Be sure to download the preview to see how I use them in my classroom and for a sample of each activity!
**Please consider following me so you'll receive updates on when the other versions are released.**
**Please consider leaving feedback!**
Thank you! :)
NOTE: While I always strive for accuracy, I am human and can make editing mistakes. If you find anything that needs correcting, please send me a message immediately. I would be happy to correct and upload a new file before you rate it! :) Thank you in advance.