The Numeracy Progression Assessment is given three times per year. Ideally, September, February and June. There are three different tests that assess the progression of bench marked Numeracy Skills per grade level. Each test comes with a student rubric for reporting. See below for listed outcomes assessed for each test.
- Represent and describe numbers to 10 000, concretely, pictorially and symbolically
- Compare and order numbers to 10 000
- Demonstrate an understanding of addition of numbers with answers to 10 000 and their corresponding subtractions
- Describe and apply mental mathematics strategies for multiplying and dividing numbers
- Demonstrate an understanding of multiplication (2- or 3-digit by 1-digit) to solve problems
- Demonstrate an understanding of division (1-digit divisor and up to 2-digit dividend) to solve problems
- Demonstrate an understanding of fractions less than or equal to one by using concrete, pictorial and symbolic representations
- Represent and describe decimals (tenths and hundredths), concretely, pictorially and symbolically.
- Relate decimals to fractions and fractions to decimals (to hundredths)
- Demonstrate an understanding of fractions
- Demonstrate an understanding of addition and subtraction of decimals
- Recall addition and subtraction facts to 18
- Recall multiplication and division facts to 7 x 7
Test 2 & 3
- Represent and describe whole numbers to 1 000 000
- Determine. With fluency, multiplication and related division facts to 81
- Can use mental math strategies for multiplication
- Multiply 2 digit by 2 digit numbers
- Divide3 digit by 1 digit numbers with and without remainders
- Understand and compare fractions with and without common denominators
- Understand decimals to the thousandths
- Relate decimals to fractions and fractions to decimals to the thousandths
- Compare decimals to thousandths
- Add and subtract decimals to the thousandths
- Addition and subtraction skills to 18
- Multiplication and division skills to 9 x 9
*Please note that this assessment is designed for Alberta Curriculum. If not from Alberta, please view outcomes to determine which grade level assessment is best for you.
Please rate this product! Thanks!!