This downloadable interactive notebook is for the science curriculum Science Fusion. It is directly related to the student edition. This particular download is Unit Five for fifth grade – Ecosystems. You can use this notebook template/interactive notebook any way you’d like. You can give it to the students as a packet, have the students tape/glue the pages into their notebook and some copied into their notebook. In the past, I have done a little of both – have some pages taped/glued in and some pages I’ve put up on the projector for the kids to copy into their notebook. This method makes it easier for you as the teacher to pick out what and what not to cover or teach from the unit, especially all those inquiry lessons! It’s also a GREAT time saver!
All answers and explanations are in teacher’s manual, since these questions and activities are straight from there.
Great way to keep track of students’ notebook and easy to grade! Some of these, especially the summarizing ideas, are great for homework too!
Here is what is included:
• Two Files – one with page numbers and one without
• Cover Page
• Table of Contents (one is blank and one is filled in depending on how you decide to use this resource)
• Big Idea and Essential Questions
• Lessons 1-3 (Generating ideas and summary ideas for each lesson) I did not repeat questions from the workbook that students will be filling in there. There is no note-booking for Lessons 2 and 4 – These lessons are guided inquiry lessons, which is all done in the student workbook.
• Flip Chart Inquiries (both direct and independent) for Lessons 1 and 3.
• Some “Making Connections” as described in manual (I use these as either work for early finishers, as a challenge for some students, or as extra credit)
• There is one STEM activity notebook page in this download. The notebook sheets are based off the workbook STEM activities and notebook suggestions.
• Many of the activities in this unit require research, however our manual does not offer suggestions. I have included suggested websites for the students to use for their research.
• Vocabulary for entire unit
If there are any edits that you would like done for this packet, please let me know and I will be happy to edit for you!
Don’t forget to leave feedback – especially to be able to get those TPT credits!
Here are additional Science Fusion products from my store!
Meet My Book - Scavenger Hunt
Units 1-5 - Bundle
Unit One - How Scientists Work
Unit Two - The Engineering Process
Unit Three - Cells to Body Systems
Unit Four - Living Things Grow and Reproduce
Unit Five - Ecosystems