This download is a PDF. If you would like something edited to fit your needs (or if you find something that needs to be edited) please let me know and I will be more than happy to get that done for you!
Don't forget to leave feedback :)
This downloadable interactive notebook is for the science curriculum Science Fusion. It is directly related to the student edition. This particular download is Unit Three for fifth grade – :Cells to Body Systems." You can use this interactive notebook any way you’d like. You can give it to the students as a packet, have the students tape/glue the pages into their notebook, or have some copied into their notebook. In the past, I have done a little of both – have some pages taped/glued in and some pages I’ve put up on the projector for the kids to copy into their notebook. This method makes it easier for you as the teacher to pick out what and what not to cover or teach from the unit, especially all those inquiry lessons! It’s also a GREAT time saver!
There are two files - one with page numbers and one without - in case you'd like to pick and choose which activities you are doing with your class and create your own page numbers!
All answers and explanations are in teacher’s manual, since these questions and activities are straight from there.
Great way to keep track of students’ notebook and easy to grade! Some of these, especially the summarizing ideas, are great for homework too!
Meet My Book - Scavenger Hunt
Units 1-5 - Bundle
Unit One - How Scientists Work
Unit Two - The Engineering Process
Unit Three - Cells to Body Systems
Unit Four - Living Things Grow and Reproduce
Unit Five - Ecosystems
Here is what is included:
• Cover Page
• Table of Contents (one is blank and one is filled in depending on how you decide to use this resource)
• Big Idea and Essential Questions
• Lessons 1-6 (Generating ideas and summary ideas for each lesson) I did not repeat questions from the workbook that students will be filling in there. There is no note-booking for Lessons 2 and 6 – These lessons are guided inquiry lessons, which is all done in the student workbook.
• Flip Chart Inquiries (both direct and independent) for Lessons 1, 3, 4, 5.
• Some “Making Connections” as described in manual (I use these as either work for early finishers, as a challenge for some students, or as extra credit)
• There are two STEM activities in this unit. Notebook sheets, based on the workbook and teacher manual, are included as well.
• Vocabulary for entire unit