The Grade 5 Science STAAR Activity Blitz from Beaker & Book provides activities and projects to reinforce key concepts assessed on STAAR. This pack includes:
• Matter Mania activity that provides an opportunity for students to move around as they review key vocabulary understandings for matter.
• Energy Go-Round a small-group vocabulary activity to review thermal, light, sound, mechanical and electrical energy.
• Earth and Space Science: Term Task Force activity that includes 9 tasks, 27 Earth and space science vocabulary terms assessed on the Grade 5 Science STAAR, and a student recording sheet.
• Life Science: Always, Sometime, Never True activity that helps students generalize, reason and evaluate information and engage in discussion of the content and use critical content vocabulary.
• STARR Comprehensive Review: Terrarium Topics comprehensive STAAR review project highlighting 12 tested concepts such as states of matter, types of energy, natural resources, ecosystem components, structure and function, and life cycles.
• Word Pair Wallets set of 30 word pairs from the Grades 3-5 science TEKS to help students compare and contrast commonly assessed word pairs
These activities are aligned to TEKS student expectations tested at Grade 5.