This is a complete Science unit for Grade 5 all about Our Solar System. Students explore, investigate and create as they learn about planets, moons, the sun, asteroids, meteors, comets and more.
This unit consists of 14 lessons, 1 unit overview, 6 work sheets, 8 PowerPoint presentations, 4 supporting PDF documents, 1 final test & marking rubric. Assessment for this unit involves research, an experiment and a final test.
This unit covers the Scientific Knowledge & Understanding content descriptor from the Australian Curriculum for Grade 5 Science:
The Earth is part of a system of planets orbiting around a star (the sun) (ACSSU078)
It also covers the Scientific Inquiry Skills:
• With guidance, pose clarifying questions and make predictions about scientific investigations (ACSIS231)
• Identify, plan and apply the elements of scientific investigations to answer questions and solve problems using equipment and materials safely and identifying potential risks (ACSIS086)
• Decide variables to be changed and measured in fair tests, and observe measure and record data with accuracy using digital technologies as appropriate (ACSIS087)
• Construct and use a range of representations, including tables and graphs, to represent and describe observations, patterns or relationships in data using digital technologies as appropriate (ACSIS090)
• Compare data with predictions and use as evidence in developing explanations (ACSIS218)
• Reflect on and suggest improvements to scientific investigations (ACSIS091)
• Communicate ideas, explanations and processes using scientific representations in a variety of ways, including multi-modal texts (ACSIS093)
More can be found in our TPT store!
Please consider leaving a comment and rating if you use this product! It really helps us out and earns you TPT credit that you can use towards future purchases.