This bundle contains 40 different Grade 6 common core language editing and revising worksheet packets. Students are given a variety of texts and are asked, through multiple choice questions, to edit and revise them appropriately.
Use them for:
- standardized test prep
- assessment of common core standards
- homework assignments
- review sheets
Teacher answer key is included.
These worksheets cover the following standards:
The editing skills addressed in this bundle include:
• capitalizing titles, proper nouns, place names, organizations, nationalities, days of the week, building names, historical events, the first word in dialogue, letter openings, and letter closings;
• identifying common nouns that need no capitalization;
• correctly using quotation marks;
• correctly using the comma after the close of a letter, in a series, in a date,between city and state, before quotation marks, and with an appositive;
• correctly using subject/verb agreement with both singular and plural subjects;
• correctly using present and past verb tenses;
• using the correct pronoun reference with personal pronouns;
• correctly using apostrophes;
• correcting common problems in usage, including: a/an, to/two/too, good/well, there/their/they’re, your/you’re, then/than, know/no, I/me, and its/it’s; and
• identifying correct spelling for words commonly used in writing.
The composing/revising skills addressed in this bundle include:
1. using appropriate and effective content and organization in writing by:
a. identifying the topic sentence of a paragraph;
b. selecting appropriate supporting details;
c. identifying extraneous material;
d. correcting sentences that are out of chronological order or inserting new sentences in the correct chronological position; and
e. using the appropriate tone for a specified audience or topic.
2. demonstrating revision of syntax by:
a. correctly revising sentences that are run-ons, on-and-ons, awkward or fragments; and
b. effectively combining short, choppy sentences.
3. effectively revising for word choice by:
a. eliminating redundant words and phrases;
b. choosing the most general or specific word for use in a sentence; and
c. choosing suitable transition words and phrases.
Download FREE 6th grade common core literature worksheets!
Download FREE 6th grade common core informational text worksheets!
Download FREE 6th grade common core poetry worksheets!
Download FREE 6th grade Common Core Language and Writing Practice worksheets!
Download FREE 6th grade Common Core Language – Editing and Revising Practice worksheets!
Download FREE 6th grade Common Core writing prompt!
Download FREE 6th grade Common Core Listening Practice worksheets!
Download FREE 6th grade common core math worksheets!
Or just check out my store!