Students read “The Last Word of a Bluebird” by Robert Frost and answer a series of multiple choice and open-ended questions aligned with various strands of the CCSS Grade 6 English Language Arts Standards for Reading and Language.
These worksheets are great for homework, test prep, review, and/or learning about poetry.
Teacher answer key is included.
Each poem is followed by a series of multiple choice and open-ended questions aligned with various strands of the CCSS.
Grade 6 English Language Arts Standards for Reading and Language covered include:
• CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RL.6.1 Cite textual evidence to support analysis of what the text says explicitly as well as inferences drawn from the text.
• CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RL.6.2 Determine a theme or central idea of a text and how it is conveyed through particular details; provide a summary of the text distinct from personal opinions or judgments.
• CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RL.6.4 Determine the meaning of words and phrases as they are used in a text, including figurative and connotative meanings; analyze the impact of a specific word choice on meaning and tone
• CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RL.6.5 Analyze how a particular sentence, chapter, scene, or stanza fits into the overall structure of a text and contributes to the development of the theme, setting, or plot.
• CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RL.6.10 By the end of the year, read and comprehend literature, including stories, dramas, and poems, in the grades 6–8 text complexity band proficiently, with scaffolding as needed at the high end of the range.
• CCSS.ELA-Literacy.L.6.4 Determine or clarify the meaning of unknown and multiple-meaning words and phrases based on grade 6 reading and content, choosing flexibly from a range of strategies.
• CCSS.ELA-Literacy.L.6.5 Demonstrate understanding of figurative language, word relationships, and nuances in word meanings.
Save $8 and download the Grade 6 Common Core Poetry value bundle!
Download FREE 6th grade common core math worksheets!
Download FREE 6th grade Common Core Language and Writing Practice worksheets!
Or just check out my store!