The "Grade 6: Geometry" activity packet is aligned with the Ontario Grade 6 specific expectations for Mathematics. This packet addresses the following expectations:
- Sort and classify quadrilaterals by geometric properties related to symmetry, angles, and sides;
- Sort polygons according to the number of lines of symmetry and the order of rotational symmetry;
- Measure and construct angles up to 180o using a protractor and classify them as acute, right, obtuse or straight angles;
- Construct polygons using a variety of tools, given angle and side measurements;
- Build three-dimensional models using connecting cubes, given isometric sketches or different views of the structure;
- Sketch isometric perspectives and different views of three-dimensional figures built with interlocking cubes;
This packet includes 9 lessons and activity worksheets that address the above expectations. If you have any questions, please feel free to let me know.