Also included in
- Grade 6/7 Social Studies Bundle Ontario Curriculum | PDF and Digital Formats: For teachers who need to teach a Grade 6/7 split class this bundle contains Grade 6 Social Studies Strand A & B, Grade 7 History Strand A & B, Grade 7 Geography Strand A & B as well as a split grades teaching p$99.99$125.94Save $25.95
Grade 6 Social Studies Strand A and B French Edition: Teachers are provided with 29 in-depth, engaging, and cross-curricular lessons to help their students explore and understand Communities in Canada, Past and Present and Canada’s Interactions With The Global Community.
- Curriculum Alignment: Ontario Social Studies Curriculum 2018 Grade 6 Strand A and B.
Teacher Note: All student-facing pages are in French and all teacher-facing pages are in English. All videos are in English due to the challenge of finding French content. This resource was created for French Immersion classrooms.
- 29 Lessons
- Google Slides™ of Student Pages
- Daily Lesson Plans
- Student Choice
- Differentiated Tasks
- Inquiry Learning
- Graphic Organizers
- Summative Assessments
- Assessment Rubrics
- Answer Keys
- Individual PDFs of student pages to post to Google Classroom™
Strand A Lesson Outline
- Introduction: Building Vocabulary & Map Creation
- What Shapes Our Canadian Identity?
- Canadian Identity: Fundamentals
- Canadian Identity: Indigenous Canadians
- Canadian Identity: Settler Communities
- Canadian Identity: Inclusiveness
- Historical Perspectives: Communities Inquiry
- Traditional Territories
- Migration Reasons
- Settler Life in Canada
- Economic Development
- Creation of Nunavut, Nunavik, and Nunatsiavut
- Community Developments
- Interactions Between Settler Communities
- Differences Between Communities
- How Did You Get Here?
Strand B Lesson Outline
- Introduction: Key Vocabulary
- Canadian Government and Global Interactions
- International Accords and Organizations
- Canada’s Role in International Programs
- Canada’s Role in International Non-Government Organizations
- Canada’s Crisis Response: H1N1 and Ebola
- Canada’s Role in International Peace
- Canada’s Global Relationships
- Canada’s Trading Partners
- Canada’s Economy
- Environmental Issues: Overfishing
- Environmental Issues: Canada’s Impact
- Global Issues Inquiry
- "This is a very detailed resource that aligns to the Ontario Curriculum. I'm so glad that it's available in French as good resources for my French Immersion students are often hard to find. I like that there are different kinds of tasks included to add variety. Definitely worth buying! There is also very little prep time needed for most lessons."
- "This is a wonderful product! Thank you so much for your thorough work. This is such a time saver! Merci!"
- "As a first-year teacher, navigating a new curriculum and multiple subjects is not an easy task. This bundle has helped me create engaging and interesting lessons that my students really enjoy. It has sparked some great discussions in my classes on current issues. My students have been making connections with what happened in the past and what is happening in the present and it is so rewarding to see how they are applying what they have learned. Merci mille fois!!"
NOTES: Internet is required to access videos in this unit. Research is not included for inquiry stations. Students must gather the research themselves from a textbook, non-fiction books or online sources.