Products in this Bundle (2)
Grade 6 Ontario Social Studies Strand A and B: For teachers who already own the full units Communities in Canada, Past and Present and Canada’s Interactions With The Global Community - this will allow for paperless classrooms and distance learning.
This resource is a collection of premade Google Slides lessons that allow students with technology to type directly on the slide. No additional Extensions or Add-Ons are needed students will just Google Slides. Each lesson from the full unit has been made into a digital lesson for any pages requiring student output.
Watch this video to see a digital expansion pack in action.
- “Love your Social Studies and Geography resources!! So great that everything is digital. Thank you!”
- “A number of my students this year have SEA equipment or would benefit from one, this has made the work much more accessible for them!”
- “Organized and ready to use! Super helpful.”
Strand A Lesson Outline
1. Introduction: Building Vocabulary & Map Creation
2. What Shapes Our Canadian Identity?
3. Canadian Identity: Fundamentals
4. Canadian Identity: Indigenous Canadians
5. Canadian Identity: Settler Communities
6. Canadian Identity: Inclusiveness
7. Historical Perspectives: Communities Inquiry
8. Traditional Territories
9. Migration Reasons
10. Settler Life in Canada
11. Economic Development
12. Creation of Nunavut, Nunavik, and Nunatsiavut
13. Community Developments
14. Interactions Between Settler Communities
15. Differences Between Communities
16. How Did You Get Here?
Strand B Lesson Outline
1. Introduction: Key Vocabulary
2. Canadian Government and Global Interactions
3. International Accords and Organizations
4. Canada’s Role in International Programs
5. Canada’s Role in International Non-Government Organizations
6. Canada’s Crisis Response: H1N1 and Ebola
7. Canada’s Role in International Peace
8. Canada’s Global Relationships
9. Canada’s Trading Partners
10. Canada’s Economy
11. Environmental Issues: Overfishing
12. Environmental Issues: Canada’s Impact
13. Global Issues Inquiry