Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Looking for an Inquiry-Based Bundle that will address the entire New Grade 6 Social Studies - Canada's Interactions with the Global Community AND Communities in Canada curriculum?
These well thought-out units cover the whole curriculum and are loaded with Rich Tasks like Research-Based Presentations and Persuasive Letters to newspaper editors, government officials, and other authority figures. These units can best be described as Guided Inquiry as they are Research-Based, but also Guide students through the process every step of the way. These are Inquiry Units that will not leave any students behind. You will love them and your kids will too. Simply open and follow the plans, no extras required.
These unit are also very Cross-Curricular in their design and cover many Language components as well: Reading (Research), Writing (Persuasive Letter Writing), Media (Presentation Creation), and Oral Language (Presentations).
The following unit addresses the New Social Studies curriculum for Grade 6: Strand A - Heritage and Identity - Communities in Canada, Past and Present. It includes:
- Detailed Unit Plan to guide you through the unit
- Communities in Canada Research Project Outline for students to follow
- Research Project Inquiry Planner for students to plan their research
- Detailed Lesson Sequence for the teacher to follow
- Learning Goal and Success Criteria for R.A.N. Research
- Whole Class and Individual R.A.N. charts for classroom use, including examples
- A Comprehensive list of VERY Useful Research Sites for students to use
- An Information Report Graphic Organizer Planner
- Example PowerPoint Presentations (Authentic Student-Created)
- A variety of Rubrics for assessment
The following unit addresses the New Social Studies curriculum for Grade 6: Strand B - People and Environments - Canada's Interactions with the Global Community. It includes:
- Unit Plan
- Lesson Sequence
- A Trading Nation Summary Paragraph Exemplar
- Rights and Responsibilities Chart
- Thinking About Global Issues Template
- Thinking About Global Issues Exemplar
- NGO Advocates Presentation Template
- NGO Advocates Presentation Template Exemplars
- WWF Exemplar Presentation
- Canadian Foodgrains Bank Exemplar Presentation
- Possible Topics for Persuasive Letter
- Persuasive Exposition Organizer
- Completed Persuasive Letter Exemplars
- Editing Checklist
- Useful Research Sites
- Social Studies Rubric
- Research Project Rubric
- Oral Presentation Rubric
- Media Form Rubric
- Take Action Exposition Rubric
***Please note that the spelling and grammar errors in the exemplars provided were left unedited intentionally in order to provide an authentic look at the work you may expect your grade 6 students to complete***
Ditch the bundles that have you photocopying worksheets for each student every lesson. This Guided Inquiry bundle will be better for you AND your students!
Teaching a grade 5/6 split? This bundle matches up perfectly with our Grade 5 Social Studies Bundle V.1.