Also included in
- Grade 6 Social Studies Strand A and B: Teachers are provided with 29 in-depth, engaging, and cross-curricular lessons to help their students explore and understand Communities in Canada, Past and Present and Canada’s Interactions With The Global Community.This resource includes answer keys and indi$39.99$44.98Save $4.99
Grade 6 Social Studies Strand B: Teachers are provided with 13 in-depth, engaging, and cross-curricular lessons to help their students explore and understand Canada’s Interactions With The Global Community. This resource includes answer keys and individual PDFs of student pages to support online learning such as Google Classroom.
Curriculum Alignment: Ontario Social Studies Curriculum 2018 Grade 6 Strand B.
1. Introduction: Key Vocabulary
2. Canadian Government and Global Interactions
3. International Accords and Organizations
4. Canada’s Role in International Programs
5. Canada’s Role in International Non-Government Organizations
6. Canada’s Crisis Response: H1N1 and Ebola
7. Canada’s Role in International Peace
8. Canada’s Global Relationships
9. Canada’s Trading Partners
10. Canada’s Economy
11. Environmental Issues: Overfishing
12. Environmental Issues: Canada’s Impact
13. Global Issues Inquiry
Need To Go Paperless? Check out the digital expansion pack for this unit. This expansion pack contains all of the student output pages in a Google Slides format. This will save you time at the photocopier! Note: The expansion pack is NOT a complete unit. You will still need to purchase the complete unit. Grab the expansion pack here for Strand B.
- Unit Bundle - Grade 6 Ontario Social Studies Bundle Strand A and B
- Strand A Unit - Communities in Canada, Past and Present
- French Immersion Unit - Canada’s Interaction With The Global Community
- Individual PDFs of all student pages for online learning i.e. Google Classroom
- Detailed unit plan and daily lesson plans
- 13 Lessons
- Answer keys
- Differentiated lesson and assessment formats
- Lessons divided up with title pages for easy access
- Lots of variety and student choice on assignments
- Detailed teacher and student directions
- Q-Chart to help students formulate good questions
- Inquiry stations research folder cover pages
- Inquiry station cards with detailed instructions
- Inquiry station graphic organizers to help students with their research
- Oral presentation assessment rubric
- Historical content assessment rubric
- Quizzes to check for understanding
- Regular and reliable internet is required for this unit.
- Research is not included for inquiry stations. Students must gather the research themselves from a textbook, non-fiction books, or online sources.
- "Another great unit from this seller! Lots of options and everything is very current, relevant, and at the students' level. I especially like that it isn't just a bunch of worksheets with simple questions, there are activities, readings, links, projects, and differentiated options. Sooooo much is included I will have lots of choices. The guided options for the inquiry will be great for helping my students stay on track and providing structure for my struggling kiddos and the openness will let others go beyond. Thank you so much for sharing this unit! "
- "Best resource I've found for the grade 6 Social Studies curriculum. Thanks!"
- "2 Peas and a Dog has really helped to make my lessons a lot more engaging. I also find that the students show a higher understanding of the material."
- "This was a great resource for my Grade 6s. I love that it aligns with the Grade 7 one as well so it is easy to teach a split class!"
- "AMAZING resource!! No prep is required when using these units! I also purchased the digital pack to supplement this during online learning!"