Also included in
- Grade 6 Social Studies Strand A and B: Teachers are provided with 29 in-depth, engaging, and cross-curricular lessons to help their students explore and understand Communities in Canada, Past and Present and Canada’s Interactions With The Global Community.This unit is aligned with the Ontario SociaPrice $39.99Original Price $44.98Save $4.99
- Grade 6/7 Social Studies Bundle Ontario Curriculum | PDF and Digital Formats: For teachers who need to teach a Grade 6/7 split class this bundle contains Grade 6 Social Studies Strand A & B, Grade 7 History Strand A & B, Grade 7 Geography Strand A & B as well as a split grades teachingPrice $99.99Original Price $125.94Save $25.95
Grade 6 Social Studies Strand B: Teachers are provided with 13 in-depth, engaging, and cross-curricular lessons to help their students explore and understand Canada’s Interactions With The Global Community.
Curriculum Alignment: Ontario Social Studies Curriculum 2018 Grade 6 Strand B.
- 13 Engaging Lessons
- MP3 Audio Files of Student Readings
- Google Slides™ of Student Pages
- Daily Lesson Plans
- Student Choice
- Differentiated Tasks
- Inquiry Learning
- Graphic Organizers
- Summative Assessments
- Assessment Rubrics
- Answer Keys
- Individual PDFs of student pages to post to Google Classroom™
1. Introduction: Key Vocabulary
2. Canadian Government and Global Interactions
3. International Accords and Organizations
4. Canada’s Role in International Programs
5. Canada’s Role in International Non-Government Organizations
6. Canada’s Crisis Response: H1N1 and Ebola
7. Canada’s Role in International Peace
8. Canada’s Global Relationships
9. Canada’s Trading Partners
10. Canada’s Economy
11. Environmental Issues: Overfishing
12. Environmental Issues: Canada’s Impact
13. Global Issues Inquiry
- "Another great unit from this seller! Lots of options and everything is very current, relevant, and at the students' level. I especially like that it isn't just a bunch of worksheets with simple questions, there are activities, readings, links, projects, and differentiated options. Sooooo much is included I will have lots of choices. The guided options for the inquiry will be great for helping my students stay on track and providing structure for my struggling kiddos and the openness will let others go beyond. Thank you so much for sharing this unit! "
- "Best resource I've found for the grade 6 Social Studies curriculum. Thanks!"
- "2 Peas and a Dog has really helped to make my lessons a lot more engaging. I also find that the students show a higher understanding of the material."
- "This was a great resource for my Grade 6s. I love that it aligns with the Grade 7 one as well so it is easy to teach a split class!"
- "AMAZING resource!! No prep is required when using these units! I also purchased the digital pack to supplement this during online learning!"
NOTES: Internet is required to access videos in this unit. Research is not included for inquiry stations. Students must gather the research themselves from a textbook, non-fiction books or online sources.
Additional Grade 6 Social Studies Resources
- Unit Bundle - Grade 6 Ontario Social Studies Bundle Strand A and B
- Strand A Unit - Communities in Canada, Past and Present
- French Immersion Unit - Canada’s Interaction With The Global Community