Also included in
- Grade 6 Social Studies Strand A and B: Teachers are provided with 29 in-depth, engaging, and cross-curricular lessons to help their students explore and understand Communities in Canada, Past and Present and Canada’s Interactions With The Global Community.This unit is aligned with the Ontario SociaPrice $39.99Original Price $44.98Save $4.99
- Grade 6/7 Social Studies Bundle Ontario Curriculum | PDF and Digital Formats: For teachers who need to teach a Grade 6/7 split class this bundle contains Grade 6 Social Studies Strand A & B, Grade 7 History Strand A & B, Grade 7 Geography Strand A & B as well as a split grades teachingPrice $99.99Original Price $125.94Save $25.95
Grade 6 Social Studies Strand A: In this 328 page Grade 6 Social Studies Unit, teachers are provided with 17 in-depth, engaging, and cross-curricular lessons to help their students explore and understand Canada’s Heritage and Identity: Communities in Canada, Past and Present. Students will learn about the role Indigenous Peoples have had in helping shape Canada as well as the settler communities that immigrated to Canada. This unit culminates in a Canada-Themed Digital Escape Room which helps consolidate the learning from this unit.
- This resource includes answer keys and individual PDFs of student pages to support online learning such as Google Classroom.
- Curriculum Alignment: Ontario Social Studies Curriculum 2018 Grade 6 Strand A. This unit was completely revised in 2022.
- 17 Engaging Lessons
- MP3 Audio Files of Student Readings
- Google Slides™ of Student Pages
- Daily Lesson Plans
- Student Choice
- Differentiated Tasks
- Inquiry Learning
- Graphic Organizers
- Summative Assessments
- Assessment Rubrics
- Answer Keys
- Individual PDFs of student pages to post to Google Classroom™
1. Introduction: Building Vocabulary & Map Creation
2. What Shapes Our Canadian Identity?
3. Canadian Identity: Fundamentals
4. Canadian Identity: Indigenous Canadians
5. Canadian Identity: Settler Communities
6. Canadian Identity: Inclusiveness
7. Historical Perspectives: Communities Inquiry
8. Traditional Territories
9. Migration Reasons
10. Settler Life in Canada
11. Economic Development
12. Creation of Nunavut, Nunavik, and Nunatsiavut
13. Community Developments
14. Interactions Between Settler Communities
15. Differences Between Communities
16. How Did You Get Here?
17. Canada-Themed Digital Escape Room
- "This is an amazing resource! The plans are detailed and very easy to follow. There is a lot of information to cover in this unit and I would not be able to do it as successfully without this product. There are a variety of quizzes and worksheets for students to do. It isn't always the same format for each lesson which my students like as well. I appreciate that it has been updated as well to include audio files! I will definitely be purchasing products in the future from this creator! Thank you :)"
- "Very thorough resource! I love the guided inquiry options that will support my students perfectly. The readings provided are plentiful and appropriate for my student's grade level. So much to choose from and a great balance of inquiry and teacher-led materials. Very happy with this purchase."
- "Love everything about this! Especially happy that it is Google Classroom-friendly with all the student pages being individual PDFs."
- “Great resource! Engaging with lots of great visuals and video links. Age-appropriate readings and engaging student activities. I am looking forward to trying this in class next year.”
- “Amazing resource! Everything you need is right there and very well put together. My students enjoyed the videos that are included (really helps reinforce concepts). I would also highly recommend the digital pack that goes with this. Such a huge time saver and paper saver too!! Thank you.”
NOTES: Internet is required to access videos in this unit. Research is not included for inquiry stations. Students must gather the research themselves from a textbook, non-fiction books or online sources.