Grade 6 Social Studies Strand A: Teachers are provided with 16 in-depth, engaging, and cross-curricular lessons to help their students explore and understand Heritage and Identity: Communities in Canada, Past and Present.
This resource includes answer keys and individual PDFs of student pages to support online learning such as Google Classroom. This unit is aligned with the Ontario Social Studies Curriculum 2018 Grade 6 Strand A.
1. Introduction: Building Vocabulary & Map Creation
2. What Shapes Our Canadian Identity?
3. Canadian Identity: Fundamentals
4. Canadian Identity: Indigenous Canadians
5. Canadian Identity: Settler Communities
6. Canadian Identity: Inclusiveness
7. Historical Perspectives: Communities Inquiry
8. Traditional Territories
9. Migration Reasons
10. Settler Life in Canada
11. Economic Development
12. Creation of Nunavut, Nunavik, and Nunatsiavut
13. Community Developments
14. Interactions Between Settler Communities
15. Differences Between Communities
16. How Did You Get Here?