Also included in
- Grade 6 Social Studies Strand A and B: Teachers are provided with 29 in-depth, engaging, and cross-curricular lessons to help their students explore and understand Communities in Canada, Past and Present and Canada’s Interactions With The Global Community.This resource includes answer keys and indi$39.99$44.98Save $4.99
Grade 6 Social Studies Strand A: Teachers are provided with 16 in-depth, engaging, and cross-curricular lessons to help their students explore and understand Heritage and Identity: Communities in Canada, Past and Present. This resource includes answer keys and individual PDFs of student pages to support online learning such as Google Classroom.
Curriculum Alignment: Ontario Social Studies Curriculum 2018 Grade 6 Strand A.
1. Introduction: Building Vocabulary & Map Creation
2. What Shapes Our Canadian Identity?
3. Canadian Identity: Fundamentals
4. Canadian Identity: Indigenous Canadians
5. Canadian Identity: Settler Communities
6. Canadian Identity: Inclusiveness
7. Historical Perspectives: Communities Inquiry
8. Traditional Territories
9. Migration Reasons
10. Settler Life in Canada
11. Economic Development
12. Creation of Nunavut, Nunavik, and Nunatsiavut
13. Community Developments
14. Interactions Between Settler Communities
15. Differences Between Communities
16. How Did You Get Here?
- Regular and reliable internet is required for this unit.
- Research is not included for inquiry stations. Students must gather the research themselves from a textbook, non-fiction books or online sources.
Need To Go Paperless? Check out the digital expansion pack for this unit. This expansion pack contains all of the student output pages in a Google Slides format. This will save you time at the photocopier! Note: The expansion pack is NOT a complete unit. You will need to purchase the complete unit. Grab the expansion pack here for Strand A.
- Unit Bundle - Grade 6 Ontario Social Studies Bundle Strand A and B
- Next Unit - Canada’s Interaction With The Global Community
- French Immersion Unit - Communities in Canada, Past and Present
- Individual PDFs of all student pages for online learning i.e. Google Classroom
- Detailed unit plan and daily lesson plans
- 16 Lessons
- Answer keys
- Differentiated lesson and assessment formats
- Lessons divided up with title pages for easy access
- Lots of variety and student choice on assignments
- Detailed teacher and student directions
- Q Chart to help students formulate good questions
- Inquiry stations research folder cover pages
- Inquiry station cards with detailed instructions
- Inquiry station graphic organizers to help students with their research
- Oral presentation assessment rubric
- Historical content assessment rubric
- Quizzes to check for understanding
- "Very thorough resource! I love the guided inquiry options that will support my students perfectly. The readings provided are plentiful and appropriate for my student's grade level. So much to choose from and a great balance of inquiry and teacher-led materials. Very happy with this purchase."
- "Love everything about this! Especially happy that it is Google Classroom-friendly with all the student pages being individual PDFs."
- “Great resource! Engaging with lots of great visuals and video links. Age-appropriate readings and engaging student activities. I am looking forward to trying this in class next year.”
- “Amazing resource! Everything you need is right there and very well put together. My students enjoyed the videos that are included (really helps reinforce concepts). I would also highly recommend the digital pack that goes with this. Such a huge time saver and paper saver too!! Thank you.”