Also included in
- Grade 6 Ontario Social Studies Strand A and B: For teachers who already own the full units Communities in Canada, Past and Present and Canada’s Interactions With The Global Community - this will allow for paperless classrooms and distance learning.This resource is a collection of premade Google Slid$16.00$20.00Save $4.00
Grade 6 Social Studies Strand A: For teachers who already own the full unit Grade 6 Social Studies: Communities in Canada, Past and Present - this will allow for paperless classrooms and distance learning.
This resource is a collection of premade Google Slides lessons that allow students with technology to type directly on the slide. No additional Extensions or Add-Ons are needed students will just Google Slides. Each lesson from the full unit has been made into a digital lesson for any pages requiring student output.
Note: This is NOT a complete unit - this is an expansion pack for the complete unit located here.
Watch this video to see a digital expansion pack in action.
Curriculum Alignment: Ontario Social Studies Curriculum 2018 Grade 6 Strand A.
Strand A Lesson Outline (formatted as Google Slides)
1. Introduction: Building Vocabulary & Map Creation
2. What Shapes Our Canadian Identity?
3. Canadian Identity: Fundamentals
4. Canadian Identity: Indigenous Canadians
5. Canadian Identity: Settler Communities
6. Canadian Identity: Inclusiveness
7. Historical Perspectives: Communities Inquiry
8. Traditional Territories
9. Migration Reasons
10. Settler Life in Canada
11. Economic Development
12. Creation of Nunavut, Nunavik, and Nunatsiavut
13. Community Developments
14. Interactions Between Settler Communities
15. Differences Between Communities
16. How Did You Get Here?
- "Great resource and well organized! Will definitely continue to use in the future!"
- "Thank you for saving me so much time!! Highly recommend getting the digital pack."
- "This is amazing! Just what I needed to help combat copy code shortage and stay green! I can easily pop these into google classroom - Thank you!!"