Also included in
- Grade 6 Social Studies Strand A and B French Edition: Teachers are provided with 29 in-depth, engaging, and cross-curricular lessons to help their students explore and understand Communities in Canada, Past and Present and Canada’s Interactions With The Global Community. Curriculum Alignment: OntariPrice $39.99Original Price $44.98Save $4.99
- Grade 6/7 Social Studies Bundle Ontario Curriculum | PDF and Digital Formats: For teachers who need to teach a Grade 6/7 split class this bundle contains Grade 6 Social Studies Strand A & B, Grade 7 History Strand A & B, Grade 7 Geography Strand A & B as well as a split grades teaching pPrice $99.99Original Price $125.94Save $25.95
Grade 6 Social Studies Strand A French Edition: Teachers are provided with 17 in-depth, engaging, and cross-curricular lessons to help their students explore and understand Heritage and Identity: Communities in Canada, Past and Present.
Teacher Note: All student-facing pages are in French and all teacher-facing pages are in English. All videos are in English due to the challenge of finding French content. This resource was created for French Immersion classrooms.
Curriculum Alignment: Ontario Social Studies Curriculum 2018 Grade 6 Strand A.
- 17 Engaging Lessons
- Google Slides™ of Student Pages
- Daily Lesson Plans
- Student Choice
- Differentiated Tasks
- Inquiry Learning
- Graphic Organizers
- Summative Assessments
- Assessment Rubrics
- Answer Keys
- Individual PDFs of student pages to post to Google Classroom™
- Introduction: Building Vocabulary & Map Creation
- What Shapes Our Canadian Identity?
- Canadian Identity: Fundamentals
- Canadian Identity: Indigenous Canadians
- Canadian Identity: Settler Communities
- Canadian Identity: Inclusiveness
- Historical Perspectives: Communities Inquiry
- Traditional Territories
- Migration Reasons
- Settler Life in Canada
- Economic Development
- Creation of Nunavut, Nunavik, and Nunatsiavut
- Community Developments
- Interactions Between Settler Communities
- Differences Between Communities
- How Did You Get Here?
- “I absolutely swear by these units! It made planning SO easy. We just finished this unit last week and I was blown away by how engaging the lessons are. The video links and activities are perfect for Grade 6 level students. The level of French is also great for Grade 6FI students. I have a lot of favourite aspects but my two top are: 1) The easy PDF/digital files. I used this unit both in person and during the transition to remote learning and the unit is set up to be easily used for both teaching methods! 2) The final task! I really enjoyed the final task for this unit and so did my students. The presentations they created on the immigration stories were very impressive. Feedback I got from my students was "I really liked that you gave us the guiding questions. That made our research easy"
- “Go-To resource for social studies. Saved me so much time in terms of planning. High recommend it”
- “This unit has it all! It's detailed and engaging. The students are really enjoying it. Thank you!”
NOTES: Internet is required to access videos in this unit. Research is not included for inquiry stations. Students must gather the research themselves from a textbook, non-fiction books or online sources.