The "Space" activity packet is aligned with the Ontario Grade 6 Science curriculum expectations. This activity packet includes activity sheets and readings on Canadian contributions to space exploration. However, the remaining worksheets pertain to the solar system and outer space in general (not country specific). The readings and activity sheets in this packet are designed for upper elementary students (4 - 6 grade range).
The big ideas covered in this packet are:
- Earth is a part of a large interrelated system;
- Technological and scientific advances that enable humans to study space affect our lives.
- Assess the impact of space exploration on society and the environment;
- Investigate characteristics of the systems of which the earth is a part and the relationship between the earth, the sun, and the moon;
- Demonstrate an understanding of the components of the systems of which the earth is a part, and explain the phenomena that result from the movement of different bodies in space.
This activity packet includes a variety of readings, flip-books, reading response worksheets and an activity where they become space travel agents. There are also both colour and black/white vocabulary posters and assessment sheets (i.e., exit cards, KWL chart).