These powerpoints give a great overview of the key concepts relating to New France & British North America. It aligns with the Ontario Grade 7 History Curriculum - NEW FRANCE AND BRITISH NORTH AMERICA, 1713–1800.
It can be used at the beginning or end of your unit as an introduction to the unit or a review OR BOTH!
The powerpoints include information on the following:
1. Jacque Cartier
2. Samuel de Champlain
3. Life in New France
4. Seigneurial System
6. St. Marie Among the Hurons
7. The Roman Catholic Church
8. French and Aboriginal Relations
9. New France System of Government
10. The Seven Years War
11. Treaty of Paris and Quebec Act
1. What happened after the Seven Years War
2. The Royal Proclamation Act
3. The Quebec Act
4. The American Revolution
5. The Treaty of Paris 1783
6. The Loyalists
7. The Constitution Act
8. Government of Upper and Lower Canada
9. The War of 1812
10. Key Figures - Isaac Brock, Tecumseh, Laura Secord
New France Powerpoint
British North America Powerpoint
Free Resources Offer:
1. After purchasing one of my products, rate and comment on the product.
2. E-mail me at email@example.com to let me know that you have left a rating and feedback. Please include your Tpt username in your email. Request another product from my store that you would like to receive for free (must be less than $30).
3. I will verify that you have indeed left feedback and a comment on the product you purchased.
4. I will send you a link to download your free product.
** Remember ** You can earn Tpt Credits and save money on future purchases by returning to my store to rate this product! Furthermore, your rating and feedback will help me to continue to create products that suit yours and other teachers’ needs.