Also included in
- Grade 7/8 Geography Bundle: Teachers are provided with 72 in-depth and engaging lessons to help their students explore and understand key concepts in physical and human geography. Topics covered are related to landforms and climate, global settlement patterns, sustainability, quality of life and ecoPrice $64.99Original Price $71.96Save $6.97
- Grade 7 Geography Bundle Ontario Curriculum: Teachers are provided with 37 in-depth lessons to help their students explore and understand physical patterns in a changing world as well as natural resources around the world (use and sustainability). Physical geography topics covered: landforms, waterPrice $35.00Original Price $35.98Save $0.98
- Grade 6/7 Social Studies Bundle Ontario Curriculum | PDF and Digital Formats: For teachers who need to teach a Grade 6/7 split class this bundle contains Grade 6 Social Studies Strand A & B, Grade 7 History Strand A & B, Grade 7 Geography Strand A & B as well as a split grades teachingPrice $99.99Original Price $125.94Save $25.95
Grade 7 Geography Strand B Ontario Curriculum: Teachers are provided with 16 in-depth lessons to help their students explore and understand natural resources around the world use and sustainability. Natural resource topics covered: types, issues, extraction methods, perspectives on use, the impact of use, environmental concerns, and energy types.
- This resource contains individual PDFs of student pages to assist with online learning e.g., Google Classroom.
Curriculum Alignment: Ontario Social Studies Curriculum 2018 Grade 7 Strand B.
- Introduction - Canada: A Land of Natural Resources (As/Of Learning)
- What is a Natural Resource? (As/For Learning)
- Where are Natural Resources Located in Canada? (For/As Learning)
- Where are Natural Resources Located in the World? (As Learning)
- What Makes Natural Resources Valuable? (As Learning)
- How Do Humans Meet Their Needs and Wants (As Learning)
- Natural Resources Quiz (Of Learning)
- Perspectives On Natural Resource Use (As Learning)
- Current Events Assignment (As/Of Learning)
- Natural Resources Extraction Methods (As Learning)
- Effects of Natural Resource Extraction (As Learning)
- Environmental Responses to Resource Extraction (For/As/Of Learning)
- Taking Action: Organizations That Care (As/Of Learning)
- National Resources Inquiry Assignment (As/Of Learning)
- Personal Plan of Action (Of Learning)
- Unit Test (Of Learning)
- 16 Engaging Lessons
- MP3 Audio Files of Student Readings
- Google Slides of Student Pages
- Daily Lesson Plans
- Student Choice
- Differentiated Tasks
- Inquiry Learning
- Graphic Organizers
- Summative Assessment
- Assessment Rubrics
- Unit Test
- Answer Keys
- Individual PDFs of student pages to post to Google Classroom™
- Case Study on Canadian Diamonds vs. Conflict Diamonds
- "All of your packages are incredible - many lessons and activities included, lots of variety, and suitable for 21st-century learning. Thanks for sharing this, I would love to see what you share in the future!"
- "Great structure to the unit. Easy for teachers to follow along. I love how everything needed to teach the lesson is clearly communicated. Students love the inquiry components."
- "As I am teaching rotary Geography, it is important for me to have fun lessons that I look forward to teaching four times in a row on the same day! This unit provides me with just that! So far the students have loved the unit and I cannot wait to continue it until the end. Thank you!"
- "This resource (along with the 1st one) is absolutely incredible. Super in-depth and easy to follow. I cannot thank you enough for this resource!"
- Regular and reliable internet is required for this unit.
- Research is not included for inquiry stations. Students must gather the research themselves from a textbook, non-fiction books, or online sources.
- This resource is not editable.
Additional Geography Resources