Grade 7 Geography: Teachers are provided with 16 in-depth lessons to help their students explore and understand natural resources around the world use and sustainability. Natural resource topics covered: types, issues, extraction methods, perspectives on use, the impact of use, environmental concerns and energy types. This resource contains individual PDFs of student pages to assist with online learning i.e. Google Classroom.
1. Thank you so much! I've been looking forward to Strand B! The students have loved Strand A and I know they'll find this part to be engaging as well! Your resources are very comprehensive and easy to follow.
2. All of your packages are incredible - many lessons and activities included, lots of variety and suitable to 21st-century learning. Thanks for sharing this, I would love to see what you share in the future!
3. Great structure to the unit. Easy for teachers to follow along. I love how everything needed to teach the lesson is clearly communicated. Students love the inquiry components.
4. "Solid, easy to use resource that covers the entire Ontario curriculum for this strand."
5. As I am teaching rotary Geography, it is important for me to have fun lessons that I look forward to teaching four times in a row on the same day! This unit provides me with just that! So far the students have loved the unit and I cannot wait to continue it until the end. Thank you!
6. This resource (along with the 1st one) is absolutely incredible. Super in-depth and easy to follow. I cannot thank you enough for this resource!
7. I love this resource! Thank you! It has saved me so much time and covers all required expectations. It is so thorough that I have had to pick and choose what to use. Worth the price!
Want Strand A Lessons? Grade 7 Geography Strand A
Need to go paperless? Check out the digital expansion pack for this unit. This expansion pack contains all of the student output pages in a Google Slides format. This will save you time at the photocopier! Note: The expansion pack is NOT a complete unit. You will see need to purchase the complete unit. Grade 7 Digital Strand B
Other Grade 7 Social Studies Resources
1. Introduction - Canada: A Land of Natural Resources (As/Of Learning)
2. What is a Natural Resource? (As/For Learning)
3. Where are Natural Resources Located in Canada? (For/As Learning)
4. Where are Natural Resources Located in the World? (As Learning)
5. What Makes Natural Resources Valuable? (As Learning)
6. How Do Humans Meet Their Needs and Wants (As Learning)
7. Natural Resources Quiz (Of Learning)
8. Perspectives On Natural Resource Use (As Learning)
9. Current Events Assignment (As/Of Learning)
10. Natural Resources Extraction Methods (As Learning)
11. Effects of Natural Resource Extraction (As Learning)
12. Environmental Responses to Resource Extraction (For/As/Of Learning)
13. Taking Action: Organizations That Care (As/Of Learning)
14. National Resources Inquiry Assignment (As/Of Learning)
15. Personal Plan of Action (Of Learning)
16. Unit Test (Of Learning)
-detailed unit plan with readings, videos, news articles, website links
-16 engaging lessons
-assessment for, of and as learning breakdown
-lessons divided up with title pages for easy access
-lots of variety and student choice on assignments
-detailed teacher and student directions
-Q Chart to help students formulate good questions
-inquiry-based learning (Research is not included for inquiry stations. Students must gather the research themselves from a textbook, non-fiction books or online sources. Website suggestions provided.)
-Case Study on Canadian Diamonds vs. Conflict Diamonds
-inquiry stations research folder cover pages
-inquiry station cards with detailed instructions
-inquiry station graphic organizers to help students with their research
-oral presentation assessment rubric
-geographic content assessment rubric
-writing assessment rubric
-a variety of assessment formats (inquiry, assignments, quiz and test)