Teachers are provided with 16 in-depth lessons to help their students explore and understand physical patterns in a changing world. Topics covered are landforms, water systems, vegetation regions, climate regions, and challenges presented by the physical environment.
-Regular and Reliable Internet Is Required For This Unit
-Research is not included for inquiry stations. Students must gather the research themselves from a textbook, non-fiction books or online sources.
-This resource is NOT editable.
-Ontario Social Studies Curriculum 2013 Grade 7 Geography Strand A
Want Lessons for Strand B?
Grade 7 Geography Strand B
1. Why Study Geography? (As/For Learning)
2. Mapping Skills Review (For Learning)
3. Map of Canada Assignment (Of Learning)
4. What is Geography? (For/As Learning)
5. World Map Assignment (Of Learning)
6. Physical Characteristics of Landforms (As Learning)
7. Changes to Landforms (As Learning)
8. Landforms Quiz (Of Learning)
9. Land Reclamation Assignment (As/Of Learning)
10. Physical Characteristics of Water Systems (As Learning)
11. Changes to Water Systems (As Learning)
12. Characteristics of Climate Regions (As Learning)
13. Changes to Climate Regions (As Learning)
14. Climate Graph Creation Assignment (Of Learning)
15. Natural Vegetation Regions (As Learning)
16. Changes to Natural Vegetation Regions (As Learning)
17. Invasive Species Assignment (Of Learning)
18. Challenges and Opportunities Presented by Physical Environments (As Learning)
19. Group Scenario Learning (As Learning)
20. Natural Events Inquiry Stations (As/Of Learning)
21. Unit Test (Of Learning)
Other Grade 7 Social Studies Resources
Grade 7 History Bundle
Grade 7 Geography Strand B
-detailed unit plan
-assessment for, of and as learning breakdown
-lessons divided up with title pages for easy access
-16 different lessons
-lots of variety and student choice on assignments
-detailed teacher and student directions
-Q Chart to help students formulate good questions
-inquiry-based learning (Research is not included for inquiry stations. Students must gather the research themselves from a textbook, non-fiction books or online sources)
-inquiry stations research folder cover pages
-inquiry station cards with detailed instructions
-inquiry station graphic organizers to help students with their research
-oral presentation assessment rubric
-geographic content assessment rubric
-writing assessment rubric
-a variety of assessment formats (inquiry, assignments, quiz and test)
1. This has been such a useful resource! I love how clearly laid out the lessons are and appreciate the amount of work you have put into making sure the content is relevant and engaging! Love that you include useful links for the different activities and the links are always current :) Looking forward to looking at what you've created for Strand B!"
2. Absolutely wonderful. Your materials are always very comprehensive and easy to follow. My students love them as well! Thank you for all of your hard work!
3. “Love this product! Very nicely laid out, the concepts are broken down into manageable chunks, and there are a variety of different types of activities to allow for assessment of, as, and for learning as well as for students' individual learning preferences. Can't wait to see strand B! Hopefully, Kristy has a few minutes in her crazy busy schedule to get that one done for this school year :-)”
4. Anyone teaching grade 7 geography needs to purchase this unit!!! AMAZING-- has absolutely everything you would need. No additional planning required!"
Sign up now for our monthly teaching newsletter and get exclusive free teaching resources
delivered to your inbox each month. Click Here To Sign Up