Products in this Bundle (2)
Also included in
- Grade 7/8 Ontario Geography Units FRENCH EDITION: Teachers are provided with over 70 in-depth lessons and assignments to help their students explore and understand key concepts in physical and human geography. Topics covered are related to landforms and climate, global settlement patterns, sustainab$64.99$70.98Save $5.99
Grade 7 Geography Units | French Edition Bundle: Teachers are provided with over 35 in-depth lessons and assignments to help their students explore and understand physical patterns in a changing world as well as natural resources around the world use and sustainability. Topics covered are landforms, water systems, vegetation regions, climate regions, and challenges presented by the physical environment. Natural resource topics covered: types, issues, extraction methods, perspectives on use, the impact of use, environmental concerns, and energy types. This resource contains individual PDFs of student pages to assist with online learning i.e. Google Classroom. Student pages are in FRENCH, teacher pages are in ENGLISH.
PLEASE NOTE: Links to external videos and readings are in English (French links have been provided where possible).
Need To Go Paperless for Distance Learning or 1:1 Schools?
- Check out this Digital Expansion Pack for Grade 7 Geography
- Reliable internet is required
- Research is not included for inquiry stations. Students must gather the research themselves from a textbook, non-fiction books, or online sources.
- This resource is NOT editable.
- Ontario Social Studies Curriculum 2013 Grade 7 Geography Strand A & B
Strand A Lessons
- Why Study Geography? (As/For Learning)
- Mapping Skills Review (For Learning)
- Map of Canada Assignment (Of Learning)
- What is Geography? (For/As Learning)
- World Map Assignment (Of Learning)
- Physical Characteristics of Landforms (As Learning)
- Changes to Landforms (As Learning)
- Landforms Quiz (Of Learning)
- Land Reclamation Assignment (As/Of Learning)
- Physical Characteristics of Water Systems (As Learning)
- Changes to Water Systems (As Learning)
- Characteristics of Climate Regions (As Learning)
- Changes to Climate Regions (As Learning)
- Climate Graph Creation Assignment (Of Learning)
- Natural Vegetation Regions (As Learning)
- Changes to Natural Vegetation Regions (As Learning)
- Invasive Species Assignment (Of Learning)
- Challenges and Opportunities Presented by Physical Environments (As Learning)
- Group Scenario Learning (As Learning)
- Natural Events Inquiry Stations (As/Of Learning)
- Unit Test (Of Learning)
Strand B Lessons
- Introduction - Canada: A Land of Natural Resources (As/Of Learning)
- What is a Natural Resource? (As/For Learning)
- Where are Natural Resources Located in Canada? (For/As Learning)
- Where are Natural Resources Located in the World? (As Learning)
- What Makes Natural Resources Valuable? (As Learning)
- How Do Humans Meet Their Needs and Wants (As Learning)
- Natural Resources Quiz (Of Learning)
- Perspectives On Natural Resource Use (As Learning)
- Current Events Assignment (As/Of Learning)
- Natural Resources Extraction Methods (As Learning)
- Effects of Natural Resource Extraction (As Learning)
- Environmental Responses to Resource Extraction (For/As/Of Learning)
- Taking Action: Organizations That Care (As/Of Learning)
- National Resources Inquiry Assignment (As/Of Learning)
- Personal Plan of Action (Of Learning)
- Unit Test (Of Learning)
- "Wow!! As always, you've eliminated all my planning but this time for Geography! Thank you sooooooo much. This unit is fantastic. Keep creating and I'll keep buying."
- "Love this resource! Can't say enough good things about it! The kids love it and as a teacher, I love how well it's structured and how user-friendly it is for everyone!"
- "This product is amazing and a lifesaver! Thank you for creating a resource where no other resources exist! I just bought the history bundle for term 2 and I can't wait to dive into it. I know my students will get the curriculum material they need without me slaving for hours to create things from scratch. Thank you!"
- "In French and includes the updated curriculum... Amazing! Definitely suitable for extended and immersion classrooms. Already mapping how I'm going to get the students going on these units. Thank you!"
- Detailed unit plan
- Lessons divided up with title pages for easy access
- 32 different lessons
- Lots of variety and student choice on assignments
- Detailed teacher and student directions
- Case study learning
- Q Chart to help students formulate good questions
- Inquiry-based learning
- Inquiry stations research folder cover pages
- Inquiry station cards with detailed instructions
- Inquiry station graphic organizers to help students with their research
- Oral presentation assessment rubric
- Geographic content assessment rubric
- Writing assessment rubric
- Variety of assessment formats (inquiry, assignments, quiz, and test)
Other Grade 7 Social Studies Resources