Welcome Grade 7 History Teachers
• The following project will teach the New France and British North American 1712-1800 unit in full.
• It includes all assignments, rubrics, cross curriculum links, etc.
• Students are to do research uses class textbook and may use the internet when advised to do so by you.
• The first lesson I always teach is how to do research online and in books (using the index and table of contents)
• This unit will outline the expected time each part / assignment should take, feel free to adjust as needed.
• We taught history two times a week for 60 minute periods.
• Be sure to review the provided materials and ensure the printing (copying) is done ahead of time. If this unit seems ‘paper’ intensive, the questions can easily be displayed on the projector, etc, and students record answers in notebooks.
• Corresponding episodes of Canada: A People’s History can be used to compliment this learning – if you do not own a copy, go to CBC.ca to find which episode you will need, and search for it on YouTube