Make booklets of student-friendly math goals for Grade 8 to give to parents or students to track progress. There are 53 goals in "I Can" format, organized by Common Core domain and cluster. Also see the related games and review packets. ***The last thumbnail is designed for Pinterest. You may want to save it to your math board as a reminder.***
• The file can be printed on one side of three sheets of paper. Fold each sheet in half and assemble as a booklet. Hand out or post the PDF online for parents.
• The back page lists mathematical practices (MP1-MP8).
RELATED GRADE 8 RESOURCES
• Grade 8 Self-Assessment & Review Packet, Form A (to check ALL goals)
• Grade 8 BONUS BUNDLE of Math Card Sets (for fun review and practice)
• Grade 8 Math STAR TEACHER BUNDLE (10 products for communicating, reviewing, and tracking progress)
SEE BELOW FOR CARD SETS (Great for math stations or small groups!)
The codes for each card set represent the grade, domain, cluster, and goal number in the free checklist. HINT: Jot down these codes to use later as search terms.
GRADE 6 CARD SETS
• 6E11: Understanding Exponents
• 6E26: Inequalities on a Number Line
• 6N12: Dividing Unit Fractions by Unit Fractions
• 6N23: Multiplying Decimals Less than 1
• 6G11: Understanding Area of a Triangle (FREE)
• 6G17: Lengths and Coordinates
• 6G18: Nets for 3-Dimensional Figures
• 6G19: Understanding Surface Area
• 6R17: Unit Fractions as Decimals and Percents
• 6R17: Eighths as Decimals and Percents
• 6R18: Finding the Whole from a Part and Percent
• 6R19: Finding a Percent of Number
• 6R19: Percents of Numbers Greater Than 100
• 6R19: Finding More Than 100% of a Number
• 6S13: Understanding the Median
• 6S14: Understanding the Mean
GRADE 7 CARD SETS
• 7E11: Simplifying Linear Expressions
• 7E12: Expressions for Percent More and Less
• 7G22: Circumference & Area of Circles
• Playing "A Round" with Pi: 4 Sets for Circumference, Perimeter, Area
• 7G25: Volume of Rectangular Prisms
• 7N11: Adding Integers Using Chips
• 7N11: Adding Integers on a Number Line
• 7N12: Relating Subtraction of Integers to Addition
• 7N13: Distance Between Integers on a Number Line (FREE)
• 7N24: Relating Division of Integers to Multiplication
• 7N24: Multiplying Integers on the Number Line
• 7R12: Equivalent Rates
• 7R21: Tax and Interest
• 7S33: Simple Probability
GRADE 8 CARD SETS
• 8E11: Understanding Integer Exponents (FREE)
• 8E14: Understanding Square Roots
• 8E14: Understanding Cube Roots
• 8E15: Scientific Notation
• 8E31: Equivalent Equations
• 8E42: Models for Linear Functions
• 8G18: Angle Relationships
• 8G22: Length of the Hypotenuse
• 8G23: The Pythagorean Theorem and Coordinates
• 8G31: Volume of Cones
• 8G32: Volume of Cylinders
• 8G33: Comparing Volumes of Spheres, Cones, and Cylinders
• 8N12: Fractions as Repeating Decimals
OTHER POPULAR RESOURCES FOR GRADES 4-8
• COMMON CORE MATH STANDARDS POSTER SETS: Grades K-8 or Grades 4-8. Get one poster per grade level showing all goals organized by cluster.
• MATH CARD GAME BUNDLES: Grade 4, Grade 5, Grade 6, Grade 7, and Grade 8.
• BASIC FACTS CARD GAME BUNDLES: Multiplication Facts (8 Sets), Multiplication and Division Fact Families (9 Sets), Division Facts (8 Sets).
• MATH REVIEW BUNDLES: Grade 3, Grade 4, Grade 5, Grade 6, Grade 7, and Grade 8. For each grade level there are 4 parallel review packets that can be used to check progress. Questions are correlated to the student-friendly math goals.
If you like this free resource, you can show appreciation by leaving feedback and considering my other highly rated products. Thanks!