Grade 8 Geography Bundle Ontario Curriculum
- Google Apps™
What educators are saying
Products in this Bundle (2)
Also included in
- Grade 7/8 Geography Bundle: Teachers are provided with 72 in-depth and engaging lessons to help their students explore and understand key concepts in physical and human geography. Topics covered are related to landforms and climate, global settlement patterns, sustainability, quality of life and ecoPrice $64.99Original Price $71.96Save $6.97
Grade 8 Geography Ontario Curriculum: Teachers are provided with 35 in-depth lessons to help their students explore and understand global settlement patterns and their effect on the environment as well lessons on economic development and quality of life.
- Curriculum Alignment: Ontario Social Studies Curriculum 2018 Grade 8 Geography Strand A & B
- 35 Engaging Lessons
- Google Slides™ of student pages
- MP3 Audio Files
- Daily Lesson Plans
- Student Choice
- Differentiated Tasks
- Inquiry Learning
- Graphic Organizers
- Summative Assessment
- Assessment Rubrics
- Answer Keys
- Individual PDFs of student pages to post to Google Classroom™
Included Lessons and Assignments:
1. Why Study Geography? (As/For Learning)
2. Mapping Skills Review (For Learning)
3. Map of Canada Assignment (Of Learning)
4. What is Geography? (For/As Learning)
5. World Map Assignment (Of Learning)
6. Spatial Patterns in Human Settlement Part 1 (As Learning)
7. Spatial Patterns in Human Settlement Part 2 (As Learning)
8. Settlement Factors (As Learning)
9. Global Settlement Patterns (As Learning)
10. Land Use Case Study: Caledonia, Ontario (As/Of Learning)
11. Mid Unit Test (Of Learning)
12. Trends in Human Settlement (As Learning)
13. Environmental Impact of Human Settlement (As Learning)
14. Settlement Issues (As Learning)
15. Sustainable Settlements (As Learning)
16. Community Sustainability Audit (Of Learning)
17. Geography Inquiry on Land Reclamation or Land Use Conflicts (Of Learning)
18. Unit Test (Of Learning)
1. Examining Quality of Life (As Learning)
2. Geographic Inequalities Vocabulary (As/For Learning)
3. Quality of Life Indicators (As Learning)
4. Scatter Graphs (Of Learning)
5. Millennium Development Goals (As Learning)
6. Quality of Life Research Presentation (As/Of Learning)
7. Population Pyramids (As/Of Learning)
8. Interrelationships (As Learning)
9. Mid Unit Test (Of Learning)
10. Media and Quality of Life (As Learning)
11. Quality of Life Inquiry (As/Of Learning)
12. Economic Systems (As Learning)
13. Economic Sectors (As Learning)
14. Economic Systems and Sectors Quiz (Of Learning)
15. Economic Development Factors (As Learning)
16. Global Wealth Distribution (As Learning)
17. Unit Test (Of Learning)
Aussi disponible en français Grade 8 Geography French Edition
- "Thanks for this extremely thorough unit. It's hard to find units with Canadian content, especially in the intermediate grades."
- "Amazing unit that included everything I needed for a subject that I don’t feel as confident teaching. I loved the balance of reading and structured tasks, with open-ended and inquiry projects. Would highly recommend!"
- "I was hesitant at first to purchase this unit due to the cost; however, I am more than happy I decided to purchase this product. First off, the resource is well organized and provides lots of detail throughout each lesson. Second, there are supporting videos, ELL/Resource suggestions and the handy option of downloading the files directly to Google classroom. This unit has saved me hours of time! Thank you so much for creating this time saver and I look forward to using this in the fall."
- "There are a lot of great activities and lessons I wouldn't have even thought of! I use this with my lessons to engage the kids and have them leave my classroom talking about the lesson!"
- Regular reliable internet access is required for this unit
- Internet must be able to access online video sources
- Research is not included for inquiry stations.
- Students must gather the research themselves from a textbook, non-fiction books or online sources.
- This resource is NOT editable. Google Classroom-ready PDFs have been provided.