Grade 8 Geography Global Inequalities: Economic Development and Quality of Life
- Google Apps™
What educators are saying
Also included in
- Grade 7/8 Geography Bundle: Teachers are provided with 72 in-depth and engaging lessons to help their students explore and understand key concepts in physical and human geography. Topics covered are related to landforms and climate, global settlement patterns, sustainability, quality of life and ecoPrice $64.99Original Price $71.96Save $6.97
- Grade 8 Geography Ontario Curriculum: Teachers are provided with 35 in-depth lessons to help their students explore and understand global settlement patterns and their effect on the environment as well lessons on economic development and quality of life. Curriculum Alignment: Ontario Social StudiesPrice $35.00Original Price $35.98Save $0.98
Grade 8 Geography Strand B Ontario Curriculum: Teachers are provided with 17 in-depth lessons to help their students explore and understand economic development and quality of life. Students will also learn about population pyramids and scatter graphs. This resource contains individual PDFs of student pages to assist with online learning i.e. Google Classroom.
Curriculum Alignment: Ontario Social Studies Curriculum 2018 Grade 8 Strand B
Included Lessons and Assignments:
1. Examining Quality of Life
2. Geographic Inequalities Vocabulary
3. Quality of Life Indicators
4. Scatter Graphs
5. Millennium Development Goals
6. Quality of Life Research Presentation
7. Population Pyramids
9. Mid Unit Test
10. Media and Quality of Life
11. Quality of Life Inquiry
12. Economic Systems
13. Economic Sectors
14. Economic Systems and Sectors Quiz
15. Economic Development Factors
16. Global Wealth Distribution
17. Unit Test
- 17 Engaging Lessons
- Google Slides™ of student pages
- MP3 Audio Files
- Daily Lesson Plans
- Student Choice
- Differentiated Tasks
- Inquiry Learning
- Graphic Organizers
- Summative Assessment
- Assessment Rubrics
- Answer Keys
- Individual PDFs of student pages to post to Google Classroom™
- Unit Test
- "Excellent and well laid out. I am scraping many of my current lessons for yours!"
- "Fantastic Resource. Students enjoyed working through the unit. Admitted that they LOVED Geography this way."
- "My grade 8s loved this unit. The lessons are easy to digest, engaging and connected to the curriculum. Couldn't ask for more!"
- "Another phenomenal Geography unit! This purchase includes so many great activities, including activities connected to interesting videos. These activities and videos created deep, critical thinking from my students and they were eager to share their options and dig deep to learn more on specific issues they connected with individually."
- "This unit is fantastic! It's user-friendly for those of us who do not have much background knowledge or experience in teaching Geography. I found the lessons so informative, interesting and engaging! I used to dread teaching this but this unit has helped immensely!"
- Reliable internet is required for this unit.
- Research is not included for inquiry stations. Students must gather the research themselves from a textbook, non-fiction books or online sources.
- This resource is NOT editable.
Other Grade 8 Social Studies Resources
- Aussi disponible en français - Grade 8 Geography Strand B FRENCH EDITION
- Grade 8 Geography Strand A
- Grade 8 History Bundle