Teachers are provided with 17 in-depth lessons to help their students explore and understand economic development and quality of life. Students will also learn about population pyramids and scatter graphs. This resource contains individual PDFs of student pages to assist with online learning i.e. Google Classroom.
-Ontario Social Studies Curriculum 2013 Grade 8 Geography Strand B
1."Excellent and well laid out. I am scraping many of my current lessons for yours!"
2. "Fantastic Resource. Students enjoyed working through the unit. Admitted that they LOVED Geography this way."
3. "A perfect follow-up to Strand A for the Grade 8 Ontario Geography curriculum. Easy to use, engaging activities, and consistent formatting make this resource a great catch!"
4. "Absolutely love the lessons. Great feedback from students when I've used your products during the last school year. Current and applicable!"
5. "This is perfect in every way, shape, and form. I used the Gr. 8 History, and can't wait to use this. Finally something useful for older students. Many thanks!!"
6. "This unit is fantastic! It's user-friendly for those of us who do not have much background knowledge or experience in teaching Geography. I found the lessons so informative, interesting and engaging! I used to dread teaching this but this unit has helped immensely!"
-Regular reliable internet access is required for this unit
-Internet must be able to access online video sources
-Research is not included for inquiry stations. Students must gather the research themselves from a textbook, non-fiction books or online sources.
-This resource is NOT editable.
Included Lessons and Assignments:
1. Examining Quality of Life (As Learning)
2. Geographic Inequalities Vocabulary (As/For Learning)
3. Quality of Life Indicators (As Learning)
4. Scatter Graphs (Of Learning)
5. Millennium Development Goals (As Learning)
6. Quality of Life Research Presentation (As/Of Learning)
7. Population Pyramids (As/Of Learning)
8. Interrelationships (As Learning)
9. Mid Unit Test (Of Learning)
10. Media and Quality of Life (As Learning)
11. Quality of Life Inquiry (As/Of Learning)
12. Economic Systems (As Learning)
13. Economic Sectors (As Learning)
14. Economic Systems and Sectors Quiz (Of Learning)
15. Economic Development Factors (As Learning)
16. Global Wealth Distribution (As Learning)
17. Unit Test (Of Learning)
Other Grade 8 Social Studies Resources
Grade 8 History Bundle
Grade 8 Geography Strand A
-individual PDFs of student pages for uploading to Google Classroom or other online learning portals
-detailed unit plan with readings, videos, news articles, website links
-17 engaging lessons
-assessment for, of and as learning breakdown
-lessons divided up with title pages for easy access
-lots of variety and student choice on assignments
-detailed teacher directions
-Q Chart to help students formulate good questions
-inquiry stations research folder cover pages
-inquiry station cards with detailed instructions
-inquiry station graphic organizers to help students with their research
-oral presentation assessment rubric
-geographic content assessment rubric
-writing assessment rubric
-a variety of assessment formats (inquiries, assignments, quizzes, tests)
Aussi disponible en français Grade 8 Geography French Edition