Grade 8 Geography Global Settlement Patterns and Sustainability
What educators are saying
Also included in
- Grade 7/8 Geography Bundle: Teachers are provided with 72 in-depth and engaging lessons to help their students explore and understand key concepts in physical and human geography. Topics covered are related to landforms and climate, global settlement patterns, sustainability, quality of life and ecoPrice $51.99Original Price $71.96Save $19.97
- Grade 8 Geography Ontario Curriculum: Teachers are provided with 35 in-depth lessons to help their students explore and understand global settlement patterns and their effect on the environment as well lessons on economic development and quality of life. Curriculum Alignment: Ontario Social StudiesPrice $28.00Original Price $35.98Save $7.98
Grade 8 Geography Strand A Ontario Curriculum: Teachers are provided with 18 in-depth lessons to help their students explore and understand global settlement patterns and their effect on the environment.
- This resource contains individual PDFs of student pages to assist with online learning i.e. Google Classroom.
Curriculum Alignment: Ontario Social Studies Curriculum 2018 Strand A.
Included Lessons and Assignments:
1. Why Study Geography?
2. Mapping Skills Review
3. Map of Canada Assignment
4. What is Geography?
5. World Map Assignment
6. Spatial Patterns in Human Settlement Part 1
7. Spatial Patterns in Human Settlement Part 2
8. Settlement Factors
9. Global Settlement Patterns
10. Land Use Case Study: Caledonia, Ontario
11. Mid Unit Test
12. Trends in Human Settlement
13. Environmental Impact of Human Settlement
14. Settlement Issues
15. Sustainable Settlements
16. Community Sustainability Audit
17. Geography Inquiry on Land Reclamation or Land Use Conflicts
18. Unit Test
- 18 Engaging Lessons
- Google Slides™ of student pages
- MP3 Audio Files
- Daily Lesson Plans
- Student Choice
- Differentiated Tasks
- Inquiry Learning
- Graphic Organizers
- Summative Assessment
- Assessment Rubrics
- Answer Keys
- Individual PDFs of student pages to post to Google Classroom™
- "This package is a total lifesaver! I'm teaching a straight 8 and a 7/8 geography class this year and I can't even begin to tell you how helpful it is. Thanks for putting this together and all your hard work."
- "Another phenomenal resource by 2 Peas and a Dog. Can't go wrong with her high-quality resources!!"
- "This is wonderful, excellent value for money. I've never taught geography before and have no textbooks for my students, so this is brilliant. A lot of work has gone into it, and I will definitely buy Part B."
- "Great resource. Loved the inquiry-based and hands-on learning options. Very engaging. "
- "This is a fantastic and well-explored unit! I am extremely happy to have this unit and my students LOVE it! Definitely worth more than what it is being advertised for!"
- Reliable internet is required for this unit.
- Research is not included for inquiry stations. Students must gather the research themselves from a textbook, non-fiction books or online sources.
- This resource is not editable.
Other Grade 8 Resources:
- Aussi disponible en français - Grade 8 Geography French Edition
- Grade 8 Geography Strand B
- Grade 8 History Bundle