Teachers are provided with 15 in-depth lessons to help their students explore and understand global settlement patterns and their effect on the environment. This resource contains individual PDFs of student pages to assist with online learning i.e. Google Classroom.
-Ontario Social Studies Curriculum 2013 Grade 8 Geography Strand A
****************** Teacher Feedback ******************
1. "This package is a total lifesaver! I'm teaching a straight 8 and a 7/8 geography class this year and I can't even begin to tell you how helpful it is. Thanks for putting this together and all your hard work."
2. "Thank you! New to teaching and teaching a split .... can't do it without your great resources to help guide me!"
3. "This resource is well-organized and carefully edited. It provides timelines, built in rubrics and suggestions and ideas for teaching students with IEPs. I am teaching a combined grade and am going to be purchasing the Grade 7 Geography resource as well. The seller was quick to email me when I inquired about the resource before purchasing and offered me clear advice and assistance."
4. "Amazing and thorough. Like the history, your resources are well organized and perfect for students."
5. "This is wonderful, excellent value for money. I've never taught geography before and have no textbooks for my students, so this is brilliant. A lot of work has gone into it, and I will definitely buy Part B."
6. "Great resource. Loved the inquiry-based and hands-on learning options. Very engaging. "
7. "This is a fantastic and well-explored unit! I am extremely happy to have this unit and my students LOVE it! Definitely worth more than what it is being advertised for!"
8. "Thank God for this resource! I love the engaging activities! Very thorough and user-friendly!"
**Regular reliable internet access is required for this unit
**Internet must be able to access online video sources
**Research is not included for inquiry stations. Students must gather the research themselves from a textbook, non-fiction books or online sources.
**This resource is NOT editable.
Included Lessons and Assignments:
1. Why Study Geography? (As/For Learning)
2. Mapping Skills Review (For Learning)
3. Map of Canada Assignment (Of Learning)
4. What is Geography? (For/As Learning)
5. World Map Assignment (Of Learning)
6. Spatial Patterns in Human Settlement Part 1 (As Learning)
7. Spatial Patterns in Human Settlement Part 2 (As Learning)
8. Settlement Factors (As Learning)
9. Global Settlement Patterns (As Learning)
10. Land Use Case Study: Caledonia, Ontario (As/Of Learning)
11. Mid Unit Test (Of Learning)
12. Trends in Human Settlement (As Learning)
13. Environmental Impact of Human Settlement (As Learning)
14. Settlement Issues (As Learning)
15. Sustainable Settlements (As Learning)
16. Community Sustainability Audit (Of Learning)
17. Geography Inquiry on Land Reclamation or Land Use Conflicts (Of Learning)
18. Unit Test (Of Learning)
Other Grade 8 Social Studies Resources
Grade 8 Geography Strand B
Grade 8 History Bundle
-individual PDFs of student pages for uploading to Google Classroom or other online learning portals
-detailed unit plan with readings, videos, news articles, website links
-15 engaging lessons
-assessment for, of and as learning breakdown
-lessons divided up with title pages for easy access
-lots of variety and student choice on assignments
-detailed teacher and student directions
-Q Chart to help students formulate good questions
-case study based learning
-inquiry stations research folder cover pages
-inquiry station cards with detailed instructions
-inquiry station graphic organizers to help students with their research
-oral presentation assessment rubric
-geographic content assessment rubric
-writing assessment rubric
-a variety of assessment formats (inquiries, assignments, tests)
Aussi disponible en français Grade 8 Geography French Edition