Also included in
- Grade 7/8 History: Teachers are provided with 75 in-depth, engaging, and cross-curricular lessons to help their students explore and understand New France, British North America, Conflict and Challenges, Confederation, Western Settlement, Development, and Canada A Changing Society. This bundled uni$74.99$89.96Save $14.97
- Grade 8 Canadian History: In this Canadian history 1850-1914 bundle, teachers will find 39 in-depth and engaging lessons to help their students explore and understand this era of Canadian history. Topics include Confederation, Western Settlement and Development, and Canada A Changing Society. Langua$39.99$44.98Save $4.99
Grade 8 History Canada A Changing Society 1890-1914 Strand B: Teachers are provided with 13 in-depth lessons to help their students explore and understand the 1890-1914 era of Canadian history. This unit supports a curriculum that teaches how Canada developed as an independent nation during the years 1890-1914. Language Arts (Reading, Writing, Oral, Media), History, Art and Drama subjects are integrated into this unit.
- Included in this resource are answer keys and individual PDFs of student pages to support online learning such as Google Classroom.
This unit is aligned with:
- Ontario Social Studies Grade 8 Strand B (updated for the 2018 changes)
- British Columbia Socials 9
Aussi disponible en français Grade 8 History Strand B
- My Grade 8 students LOVE the history lessons provided in these booklets. I am looking forward to using the activities in "Changing Society". Thanks!
- Another great product! I'm so grateful for the variety of activities that will engage my students. The flow of your units will make it easier for students to follow and understand history. Thanks for making learning exciting!!
- This is a fantastic resource for history. My students loved the content and it was easy for me to follow!
Need to go paperless? Check out the digital expansion pack for this unit. This expansion pack contains all of the student output pages in a Google Slides format. This will save you time at the photocopier! Grade 8 Strand B
Note: The expansion pack is NOT a complete unit. You will still need to purchase the complete unit.
This Unit Is Also Available In This Bundle
- Regular and Reliable Internet and Technology Is Required For This Unit
- Research is not included for inquiry stations.
- Students must gather the research themselves from a textbook, non-fiction books or online sources.
1. Settling Canada Top 10 Events
2. Primary Source Analysis
3. Historica Minute Videos
4. Canada A People's History Video
5. Interactive Timeline
6. Changing Map of Canada
7. Important Canadians QR Codes
8. Important Canadians Readings
9. Changing Society Inquiry Stations
10. Primary Source Analysis Assessment
11. Legal Issues and Changes
12. Class Newspaper
13. Changing Society Unit Test
- Detailed unit plan
- Lessons divided up with title pages for easy access
- Lots of variety and student choice during assignments
- Detailed teacher and student directions
- Q Chart to help students formulate good questions
- Inquiry station cards with detailed instructions
- Inquiry station graphic organizers to help students with their research
- Oral presentation assessment rubric
- Historical content assessment rubric
- Short and Long Answer Unit Test Format
- Fill in the Blanks Unit Test Format
- Unit test