Also included in
- FRENCH Grade 8 Canadian History Bundle 1850 - 1914: Teachers are provided with 28 in-depth lessons to help their students explore and understand this era of Canadian history on Confederation, Western Settlement and Development, and Canada A Changing Society. This unit integrates Language Arts (Readi$39.99$44.98Save $4.99
- FRENCH Grade 7/8 Canadian History Bundle 1713 - 1914. Teachers are provided with 75 in-depth, engaging, and cross-curricular lessons to help their students explore and understand New France, British North America, Conflict and Challenges, Confederation, Western Settlement, Development, and Canada A$74.99$89.96Save $14.97
FRENCH Grade 8 History Canada: A Changing Society Unit: Teachers are provided with 13 in-depth lessons to help their students explore and understand the 1890-1914 era of Canadian history. This unit supports a curriculum that teaches how Canada developed as an independent nation during the years 1890-1914. Included in this resource are answer keys and individual PDFs of student pages to support online learning platforms such as Google Classroom. Student pages are in FRENCH, teacher pages, and answer keys are in ENGLISH.
- Ontario Social Studies Grade 8 Strand B
- British Columbia Socials 9
1. Settling Canada Top 10 Events
2. Primary Source Analysis
3. Historica Minute Videos
4. Canada A People's History Video
5. Interactive Timeline
6. Changing Map of Canada
7. Important Canadians QR Codes
8. Important Canadians Readings
9. Changing Society Inquiry Stations
10. Primary Source Analysis Assessment
11. Legal Issues and Changes
12. Class Newspaper
13. Changing Society Unit Test
Need To Go Paperless for Distance Learning or 1:1 Schools?
- Check out this Digital Expansion Pack for Grade 8 History
- Student pages are in French, teacher pages are in English.
- Regular and reliable internet is needed for this unit.
- Research is not included for inquiry stations.
- Students must gather the research themselves from a textbook, non-fiction books or online sources.
- Detailed unit plan
- 13 lessons
- Lessons divided up with title pages for easy access
- Assessment for, of and as learning breakdown
- Learning goals in student-friendly language
- Lots of variety and student choice during assignments
- Detailed teacher and student directions
- Q-Chart to help students formulate good questions
- Inquiry stations research folder cover pages
- Inquiry station cards with detailed instructions
- Inquiry station graphic organizers to help students with their research
- Oral presentation assessment rubric
- Historical content assessment rubric