Also included in
- FRENCH Grade 8 Canadian History Bundle 1850 - 1914: Teachers are provided with 28 in-depth lessons to help their students explore and understand this era of Canadian history on Confederation, Western Settlement and Development, and Canada A Changing Society. This unit integrates Language Arts (Readi$39.99$44.98Save $4.99
- FRENCH Grade 7/8 Canadian History Bundle 1713 - 1914. Teachers are provided with 75 in-depth, engaging, and cross-curricular lessons to help their students explore and understand New France, British North America, Conflict and Challenges, Confederation, Western Settlement, Development, and Canada A$74.99$89.96Save $14.97
French Edition - Grade 8 History Creating Canada 1850-1890 Strand A: Teachers are provided with 21 in-depth lessons to help their students explore and understand this era of Canadian history. This unit contains information about Confederation and the settlement of Western Canada. Included in this resource are answer keys and individual PDFs of student pages to support online learning such as Google Classroom. Student pages are in FRENCH, teacher pages, and answer keys are in ENGLISH.
Curriculum Alignment: Ontario Social Studies Curriculum 2018 Grade 8 Strand A.
Strand A Lessons
1. Why Do We Study History?
2. How Did We Get Here?
3. How Has The Map of Canada Changed?
4. Life in British North America Prior to 1867
5. Fathers of Confederation Monologues
6. Politics in the Province of Canada
7. John A. Macdonald Personal and Professional Life
8. Confederation Advertisement Assignment
9. The Pros and Cons of Confederation
10. The Charlottetown, Quebec and London Conferences
10B. Missing Voices at the Confederation Conferences
10C. British North America Act
11. Confederation Unit Test
12. Primary Source Analysis Videos and Photos
13. Legal Documents
14. Settlement of Western Canada Inquiry Stations
15. Manitoba Act 1870
16. The Indian Act 1876
17. Louis Riel Obituary Assignment
18. Canadian Pacific Railroad Lyric Analysis
19. Canadian Pacific Railroad Assignment
20. Primary Source Analysis, Video, and Creative Writing - The Gold Rush
21. The Chinese Immigration Act 1885
22. The Arctic and Indigenous Case Law
23. Numbered Treaties
24. Residential Schools
25. Video Review
26. Western Canada Unit Test
- “I love this resource. I had to purchase it again, as I am teaching online, but I don't mind as it really is a great resource. Lessons are well put together and interactive. Thank you.”
- “Many of these activities go great with the NS grade 7 curriculum, as well - I am super excited to try it with my students! Thank you!! :)”
- “I love all of Kristy's resources! This is fantastic, the French is well-written and the activities are super engaging for the students. I really enjoy how there is a mix between the types of activities: teacher-led, student-led, or inquiry-based.”
- Student pages are in French.
- Teacher lesson plans and answer keys are in English.
- Regular and reliable internet is required for this unit.
- Research is not included for inquiry stations. Students must gather the research themselves from a textbook, non-fiction books or online sources.
Need To Go Paperless for Distance Learning or 1:1 Schools?
- Check out this Digital Expansion Pack for Grade 8 History
- Detailed unit overview
- 26 different lessons
- Lesson plans for each lesson (detailed teacher and student directions)
- Interactive note-taking graphic organizers
- Assessment for, of and as learning breakdown
- Learning goals in student-friendly language
- Lessons divided up with title pages for easy access
- Lots of variety and student choice on assignments
- Q Chart to help students formulate good questions
- Inquiry stations research folder cover pages
- Inquiry station cards with detailed instructions
- Inquiry station graphic organizers to help students with their research
- Inquiry station student notes sheets
- Oral presentation assessment rubric
- Historical content assessment rubric
- Differentiated assessment formats