Also included in
- Grade 8 Canadian History Bundle 1850 - 1914 FRENCH EDITION | PDF & Digital: In this Grade 8 Canadian History Bundle, teachers will find 41 in-depth and engaging lessons to help their students explore and understand this era of Canadian history. Topics include Confederation, Western Settlement anPrice $31.99Original Price $44.98Save $12.99
- FRENCH Grade 7/8 Canadian History Bundle 1713 - 1914 | PDF & Digital: Teachers are provided with 86 in-depth, engaging, and cross-curricular lessons to help their students explore and understand New France, British North America, Conflict and Challenges, Confederation, Western Settlement, DevelPrice $59.99Original Price $89.96Save $29.97
Grade 8 History Creating Canada 1850-1890 Strand A FRENCH EDITION | PDF & Digital: This Grade 8 Strand A Creating Canada Unit 1850-1890 supports the Ontario Curriculum and any Canadian History Curriculum that teaches how Canada's Confederation occurred and how Western Canada was settled. Teachers are provided with 28 in-depth lessons to help their students explore and understand this era of Canadian history. Many subjects are integrated into this unit Language Arts (Reading, Writing, Oral, Media), History, and Art.
Curriculum Alignment: Ontario Social Studies Curriculum 2018 Grade 8 Strand A.
Teacher Note: All student-facing pages are in French and all teacher-facing pages are in English. All videos are in English due to the challenge of finding French content. This resource was created for French Immersion classrooms.
- 28 Engaging Lessons
- Google Slides of Student Pages
- Daily Lesson Plans
- Student Choice
- Differentiated Tasks
- Inquiry Learning
- Graphic Organizers
- Summative Assessment
- Assessment Rubrics
- Answer Keys
- Unit Test (2 formats)
- Individual PDFs of student pages to post to Google Classroom™
Strand A Lessons
1. Why Do We Study History?
2. How Did We Get Here?
3. How Has The Map of Canada Changed?
4. Life in British North America Prior to 1867
5. Fathers of Confederation Monologues
6. Politics in the Province of Canada
7. John A. Macdonald Personal and Professional Life
8. Confederation Advertisement Assignment
9. The Pros and Cons of Confederation
10. The Charlottetown, Quebec and London Conferences
10B. Missing Voices at the Confederation Conferences
10C. British North America Act
11. Confederation Unit Test
12. Primary Source Analysis Videos and Photos
13. Legal Documents
14. Settlement of Western Canada Inquiry Stations
15. Manitoba Act 1870
16. The Indian Act 1876
17. Louis Riel Obituary Assignment
18. Canadian Pacific Railroad Lyric Analysis
19. Canadian Pacific Railroad Assignment
20. Primary Source Analysis, Video, and Creative Writing - The Gold Rush
21. The Chinese Immigration Act 1885
22. The Arctic and Indigenous Case Law
23. Numbered Treaties
24. Residential Schools
25. Video Review
26. Western Canada Unit Test
- “I love this resource. I had to purchase it again, as I am teaching online, but I don't mind as it really is a great resource. Lessons are well put together and interactive. Thank you.”
- “Many of these activities go great with the NS grade 7 curriculum, as well - I am super excited to try it with my students! Thank you!! :)”
- “I love all of Kristy's resources! This is fantastic, the French is well-written and the activities are super engaging for the students. I really enjoy how there is a mix between the types of activities: teacher-led, student-led, or inquiry-based.”
- Regular and reliable internet is required for this unit.
- Research is not included for inquiry stations. Students must gather the research themselves from a textbook, non-fiction books or online sources.
Additional Canadian History Resources